The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

20 posts Page 1 of 2
Pudpud's progress
20 Jan 2015, 13:56
So apparently I've been a member since 2013.... But clearly, as you can see from my tracker, I haven't been fasting. At all!!! That's all changing now though!!!
I am sooooooo on it!!! For life now!
I guess I should introduce myself, seeing as I intend to be sticking around for a while!
I'm 36 years old, have one daughter who will be 4 in April. I'm a single mum and work part time as a nurse.
The weight that I am now (14stone 11) is exactly the same weight that I was when I was 9 months pregnant, which has been depressing the hell out of me!! But not anymore as I now know exactly what to do about it!!
I have done some fasts over the last year or so.... But have been WAY too harsh on myself, attempting to do 36 hour fasts with nothing to eat at all, or trying to do 20:4 every single day.....nobviously not sustainable over the long term! I guess I thought I needed to take drastic action....but that is so obviously the wrong way to go about it!!

Anyway.... So here I am.... Today is my second week on 5:2, and my 3rd fast. I did 2 fasts back to back last week and will do the same this week just because it's easier for me to stay with it once I've started. If I have a day or 2 off in between I'm not sure I'd get started again. Last week the second fast day was much easier than the 1st.

So..... I'm going to waffle on here now and again to keep me focused....
Re: Pudpud's progress
20 Jan 2015, 15:29
Hello and welcome back.

Make a cuppa , pull up a chair and settle in.
I'd use the tracker, oh yes you already do. Tick.
Measure everywhere?
Don't iver think or complicate it all, 500cals of what you want when you want in the day. But listen to your body and try to limit the carbs as they make you hungrier. If you can hold out till lunch, or eve meal even go for it then you'll have more cals to play with.
Good luck and soak up the info here. :clover:
20 Jan 2015, 15:44
Good for you @Pudpud17. Why does your name just make me hungry?!! Image
Anyway, I think its great that you are back...with a vengeance! Good luck and welcome to this wonderful forum. Everyone is friendly and so helpful and supportive here. With this lot you CAN do it!!
20 Jan 2015, 16:31
Hi pudpud,swinging by to wish you all the best xx!
Just one thing i wd say if you don't mind..try to make sure your little one sees you eating rather than fasting.
My daughter tells me she remembers me not eating when she was seven or eight..and i was the sameush age as you now..i did one of those three milkshake drinks a day meals for about 3 months or more..She was so scared i would die. I had no idea she was worried and unfortunately it didnt occur to me i wasnt being a v good role model! :confused: i am sure you have more sense than i had!X
20 Jan 2015, 16:44
Just goes to show, you have to be so careful don't you. You never know who's watching. Fortunately I don't think it will have ANY affect on my girls!! Image
20 Jan 2015, 17:47
Thank you thank you all for welcoming me so warmly!!!
And thank you Candicemarie (sorry, no idea how to tag!) for the heads up about small people!! Am totally on it!!! That s why I found it so difficult to do full on fasting! Just can't let her sit down to eat by herself! Especially as she doesn't have siblings or anyone else in the house to be that role model! Luckily she has a VERY healthy attitude towards food and her body and I have no intention of that changing!!!
That's also why I'm having lunch and dinner on fast days.... So she won't ever be seeing me skip meals....breakfast is a bit of a free for all here anyway so she doesn't notice if what or when I eat that....

But yes, good point and thank you all again!!!
20 Jan 2015, 19:10
Oh thats great @pudpud17! X
@nursebean..love the doggy pic! X
20 Jan 2015, 20:10
They're great aren't they!
20 Jan 2015, 23:47
I will add my welcome back @PudPud17! You sound very positive about your approach now. I think that sticking with the basic 5:2, at least until you have that way of eating as a well established pattern, is a good way to go. After that, if you are not getting the results you want, then (maybe!) look at other ways of fasting. As you know, it is all about finding a way of eating that is sustainable for you. And accepting that it may take a while to get to the weight/shape you would like. Interim goals can be very helpful.

Great that you eat lunch and dinner with your daughter on fast and other days - you can easily modify the contents of your meal to reduce the carbs and keep within the fast day cal limits. My much older children and OH had no idea I was following 5:2 for months - until I told them - even though we always have dinner together, and often lunch - in my early days I still had 3 (small) meals a day on fast days.

Re tagging, you have to be in full edit mode, not the quick reply, to tag. In that mode, you will see icons and blue menu buttons above the reply box. Highlight the person's name, then select the 'tag' command. Then when you have finished the message, select 'Preview' to see your message before you submit and check that the tag has worked - if it has, there will be an @ sign before the name and the name will be in colour.

Best wishes and good luck - and waffle on as much as you like! :clover: :lol:
21 Jan 2015, 06:51
Thank you @Sassy1!!!
And @Candicemarie..... Doggy pic???? I obviously have a lot more to learn about how to use this site, let alone about 5:2 and fasting!!!
Anyway..... I'm totally doing it!!! Nailed yesterday completely!!! And aim to do the same today!!
21 Jan 2015, 06:55
WOW! You are on a roll, @Pudpud17. There is nothing like success to lead to more success! :clover:
21 Jan 2015, 06:56
Ha ha just noticed that wasn't aimed at me!!! Doh!!! Cuppa tea time I think! what's that they say about fasting making your mind sharp??? Obviously hasn't kicked in here yet!!!
21 Jan 2015, 08:53
Sorry @pudpud17 that was my fault for hijacking yr thread! X
Yay for nailing yr fast y'day and respect fir fasting again today!
22 Jan 2015, 14:40
Lordy yesterday was HARD!!!! But I totally did it!!!! Woohoo!!,
I'm going to try the more traditional two separate fast days next week because the second back to back one was so tough this week.... I think I didn't eat enough on my feeding days in between the two fasting periods and also was way too heavy on the carbs the day before the two back to back fasts..... So, seeing as I might find it hard to rectify either of those things at the moment I'm going to go for the easier option of separate fasts..... See how it goes...
At the moment though I am just absolutely chuffed to bits that I have two solid weeks under my belt!!
22 Jan 2015, 15:06
Well done Pudster!
I take my hat off to ya! X
20 posts Page 1 of 2