The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Ready, Steady...Fast
11 Aug 2013, 17:51
Restless and ready, that's how I am right now.

I've come back home from a wonderful camping holiday with my family, started to get back into the 'being at home, lots of things to catch up on (mainly washing)' yet find myself feeling at a loss as to what to do and restless, unable to settle to anything in particular, despite a long list of chores and admin which really need my attention. The listlessness which follows a wonderful time away, the wishing you could still be on holiday, relaxing not thinking about everything that surrounds you in normal life; taking in the scenery, going for long walks and exploring; swimming in the crystal clear waters of a glacial mountain lake; just enjoying being with your family and with no demands made of you.

Having decided prior to our adventure that I would start the 5:2 diet (thanks to my sister's success with it and her advice), I now find myself eagerly awaiting tomorrow, my first fast day. Thankfully I lost some weight whilst camping for a week. Can you believe that? We cooked steaks on the the bbq most nights and ate a ton of s'mores and I still managed to lose not gain!

Anyway, my meal this evening has been cooked and consumed, delicious if I do say so myself. It was a new venture in our household with a husband who is now, after 13 years of marriage being more adventurous with what he eats and a son who thankfully will eat most things! Spinach and ricotta tortellini with a garlic and herb sauce. Then a tasty (if somewhat naughty) treat of orange ice cream in a waffle cone for dessert.

I've planned the menu for the week - with meals on my fast days (Mon & Thurs) which can be adapted and added to for the husband and boy.
So now I feel ready for the first day back to work after my summer leave and first day of 500 calories. Well, more truthfully I feel ready for the fasting not going back to work!! Who ever looks forward to work after their holidays?

The coffee machine will be prepared soon for the 3 morning black's I need to transform from cave-girl to human, and a quick check of my handbag to make sure there are a few stock cubes to keep me going tomorrow in the office. My wardrobe is clean and ironed - I am indeed ready - but what shoes to wear??

Here's to a quiet pre-premiere-fast-evening!!
Re: Ready, Steady...Fast
11 Aug 2013, 18:11
Well there is planning and there is PLANNING and you look like you know how next week is going.
Sleep well and enjoy your fast tomorrow :like:
11 Aug 2013, 19:11
Welcome Clarry and Yes that's some plan, so don't forget the water and measure yourself everywhere because I only took 2 measurements and regret not doing more even if my clothes were telling me I'd shrunk (most of my clothes have had to go to charity coz they were hanging off me)
I'm in a totally new wardrobe + thrilled with my results :heart: I've still a very long way to go but I now know I will get there :heart: :heart:
You did amazingly well to actually else weight on your holiday, and your all sorted for tomorrow, loads of us do Monday Good Luck :clover: Sue
11 Aug 2013, 19:59
Welcome and Good Luck! :grin: :clover:
11 Aug 2013, 20:08
Welcome and good luck on your journey.... just a quick question to the other posters..... how do i post a new topic?? hope you don't mind my putting this here Clarry? x
11 Aug 2013, 20:10
Hi Jules go into select a forum and click on be topic box/button :clover: Sue
7 posts Page 1 of 1