The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

29 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Tim's Journey
30 Aug 2013, 14:54
What a boost getting a compliment just as you thought you may have blown it! Made it a bit easier to just keep on keeping on, eh? ;)
02 Sep 2013, 22:20
So Sunday Marked 6 weeks I fasted yesterday (Mon) and this morning I am sitting at 6.5KG down!

Its official I am over half way to my interim goal! I was hoping to reach the interim goal before the end of Oct which I am still well on track for :-)

Yay
30 Dec 2013, 06:21
So its been awhile since I posted.

My last post was the lowest I got too before my diet got blown out of the water. Work got crazy busy and the stress and extra food of Christmas etc.

With work being so busy I actually found I couldn't do 5.2 as I was getting lightheaded and struggling to concentrate etc. So that's a bit of a bummer but in reality that should only be a few months per year and I now know I can easily loose it again.

Over the 2 months that I wasn't on the diet I put back all 6.5kg bringing me back to my starting figures.

One positive on this note though is that I found out I can get the IGF-1 test done locally. Being the fact that I am practically back to where I started I think this is great in order to see what changes etc if any in these levels occur.

I had the test done today so results may take a week or so to come back. I am also looking to kick back into the diet from next week - cant wait!

So from me a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all - may 2014 be a year of change for the best in our bodies!
30 Dec 2013, 06:37
Good to hear from you again Tim.
Shame that the weight went back on. However, you have done it before and can do it again.
When it gets really busy at work, would it be possible to do an adaptation of 5:2? Maybe 16:8 or something. Working the way of eating around living is what makes it sustainable. Worth a thought?
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
PS where's you avatar photie taken?
30 Dec 2013, 06:51
Yea when it first started getting crazy at work I was kinda doing 16:8 I would skip breakfast and go as long as possible into the day until I got hungry (usually around 1ish) then have lunch. I would do that probably 3 days a week and it maintained my weight but then I caved and went off the rails haha

But I know I can do it, and more importantly know I am not happy with my current weight and don't want to come back here again - and that's a great motivation. (need to update my tracker.)

The photo was taken on The Great Barrier Reef off Cairns Australia. My inspiration for losing the weight originally was to get my dive ticket as one of the questions on the application for the trip I took to do my PADI open water cert was my BMI and I was border line obese. I didn't want that to stand in the way of a dream and therefore managed to get down out of the obese range.

I have gone back a second time since then and completed my advanced dive ticket as well as enriched air :-) absolutely love it!
30 Dec 2013, 07:04
That's so cool Tim! The diving and the attitude for this WOE!
Would love to dive the GBR- it's on the list. And EAN makes it so much better especially for repetative dives which I tend to do when I'm away. *bitofajunkie* :D :D :D
30 Dec 2013, 07:56
Yup when I went over for advanced one of the instructors was selling all his gear very cheap as he was able to buy at cost originally and now the latest gear had come out and replaced it so he had to have that. Got a mint deal so now need to find more dives to do in order to warrant the purchase to the wife haha

I am totally addicted - makes it hard not having a dive partner though - wife was going to get certified at the same time but hated it :-(
30 Dec 2013, 08:00
Oh that's a shame she hated it! I'm very fortunate as we are both junkies. Also have a diving daughter- she's an instructor, so holidays are easy!
Sure it's not difficult to find dives to do though and there'll always be a buddy about!
30 Dec 2013, 20:14
Good luck Tim with your new start!
04 Jan 2014, 06:07
So nearing the end of Fast day 1 of the new year (probably first proper fast in over a month to be honest!)

I must admit I was nervous heading into it, but it was a breeze. 7pm now and I have just had Dinner - a massive egg white omelette with loads of fresh vege in it. Was such a massive meal and from my calculations only around 380 Cals (I also only got through about half of it)

Anyway - this marks the start of a fresh beginning. I have also just brought the fast exercise book too so I may start to incorporate some of that into my days as well.
04 Jan 2014, 06:58
Good on you
onwards and downwards
04 Jan 2014, 10:43
As a fellow diver, stick at it Matey! Good luck!
06 Jan 2014, 00:51
Alrighty, Progress tracker has been updated to reflect the couple of months of down time.

I am almost back to where a started but looking at my previous trends it only took 5 weeks to drop 6.4KG!

I am also looking at signing up to a 10kg challenge at a local sports shop. You hire the equipment (any piece of cardio equipment) for 6 months and if you loose 10kg in that time then they give you the equipment at the end. (works out at about 1/2 price)

Excited about this year!!
09 Jan 2014, 22:45
Well its official, the sports shop has my Treadmill on order - should arrive next week - cant wait!!
29 posts Page 2 of 2