The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

58 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: 6 months on the 5:2
08 Aug 2013, 11:27
Well Done Snorvey on two great posts. :like: You're an inspiration to us all.
08 Aug 2013, 11:50
Thank you so much for your lengthy update Snorvey. I find it very reassuring that you are keeping going as a 5:2er & that health benefits have really happened to you. I have lots more weight to lose so it is going to take at least another year or possibly longer to get to my ideal BMI. I am feeling much more positive that the health benefits are worth pursuing in their own right & just treating 5:2ing as a WOL with weight loss as a beneficial side effect, although obviously losing weight is beneficial in itself. For myself I think a change in focus away from what the scales say is a positive move for me & to just keep on following 5:2 & see what happens. My OH is already a Type 2 diabetic & has noticed just with his own at home blood tests how much lower & more stable they are. His diabetic nurse has also noticed the improvement & she supports him 5:2ing & recommended he half his medication on fast days. He needs to lose about a stone in weight now.
I hope your continued experience of 5:2ing is a good one & will you update us again in six months? :smile: :like:
08 Aug 2013, 12:25
Thanks folks.

I'll keep you all updated as things progress of course - there appears to be loads of support for this now. 10,000 members did I read. Amazing.

I meant to add that a year of 5:2 ing is well over 180,000 calories NOT consumed - or 75 days out of the whole year. Quite an eye opener.

Best of luck to everyone

Snorvey

(BTW is there a way I can change the title of my thread? 6 months on the 5:2 is so...well.....last year dahling ;-)
08 Aug 2013, 22:11
If you edit subject line on the post, it should change the title, though I'm not sure if you have to go back to the first post or if you can just change the title from the update post. Fiddle with it and we'll both know. ;)
Re: 52 Weeks of the 5:2....
09 Aug 2013, 08:36
Thanks Betsy

I've just changed the title in the first post in the thread and it seems to have done the trick.

For the first time yesterday, I tried 'Zero Noodles' from Holland & Barratt yesterday.

I'm sure they've been discussed on here before, but from my point of view I'd say these things are pretty amazing. I'm not sure I'd eat them on their own as they are pretty flavourless, but I chucked them in with my usual fast day Tuna and eggs and you couldn't tell - apart from a much better feeling of being 'full up' when I had finished. And for only an extra 8 calories a packet too.

It has to be said that the wifey just did not like the texture of them at all.
09 Aug 2013, 09:44
Hi Snorvey, this is the first time I have seen your journal, don't know how i missed it before! Thank you so much for going to the effort you have to type it all up, so inspirational and a thoroughly entertaining read. I especially like and agree with this bit but wouldn't say so myself for fear of causing offence but the way you have put it is just right :like:

:smile: 'Pre FAST Preparation

You really need the right mental approach for a fast day. Do that and it’s really quite easy.

After all, it’s only a day. Surely you can manage ONE day you pussy? It’s not even a whole day without any food whatsoever – you still get fresh fruit, vegetables, water, coffee AND a blimmin’ hot chocolate before bedtime! There are literally millions of folk on the planet who have to survive on a daily basis on a lot less than you have to on one fast day.

One day. C'mon, this really is not a problem. Say it again. THIS is NOT a PROBLEM.

Most of my fast days are Mondays and Thursdays. I like Mondays the best because I always over consume at the weekend. I like Thursdays because it fits in with what I do and it prepares me in advance of the weekend.' :smile:

Thanks again and congratulations on your 5:2 anniversary. I hope there are more posts to come.
09 Aug 2013, 10:15
Thanks, Snorvey! It's good to hear from others who are so pleased with the 5:2 WOL, for both its health benefits and weight loss. I don't expect we will ever know exactly how these effects interact, but it's enough for me just to know that it works!
09 Aug 2013, 11:19
Brilliant post Snorvey, well done :grin:
14 Aug 2013, 15:32
Absolutely fantastic Snorvey, your approach to this seems to mirror mine, - ie we are in for the Health Benefits primarily.

Like you, I hit 50 and was 15st 7lbs.....and after watching the Prog, decided that this was for me, so started 5:2 early Feb '13.
Weight wise, I've dropped from 15st 7lb to 14st 10, and seem to have plateau'd recently, which is a tad frustrating, but I'm ignoring.
My clothes fit better, I feel fitter, so whats not to feel good about ?

I'm going to continue as I am, and rather than the Calorie Counting that some seem to resort to on Feed Days, I'm simply going to try and reduce my quantaties a bit, - after all, come a good Sunday Lunch, or evening Curry, we all eat far too big portions anyway........
That 'Full' feeling isnt a good one either.

Maybe I'll get to my original 14st goal, maybe not, but as this for me is a long term plan, - as long as I know that I'm very likely 'healthier', that will be reward enough.

Keep us posted :-)
18 Aug 2013, 08:05
I bought a few packets of those zero noodles from holland & barratt the other week.

Theyre pretty rank eh?

But I find if you tip them into a microwavable dish, pour a tin of soup over them and let them sit for half an hour before zapping the concoction with 2 minutes of radiation, you end up with a quick, easy, tasty and filling low cal meal.
22 Aug 2013, 14:05
Thank you for sharing. I am still researching this method
23 Aug 2013, 13:44
Yesterday, Thursday the 22nd of August.

Black Coffee = 2 calories

Water

Water

Water

Black Coffee = 2 calories

Water

Apple = 70 calories - No 1 of 5 a day

Water

Weightwatchers soup with a slab of Zeros bunged in = 150 cals

Water

Small Glass of red wine = 85 calories - No 2 of 5 a day

<hic>

Small Glass of red wine = 85 calories - No 3 of 5 a day

<hic>.....burp

Small Glass of red wine = 85 calories - No 4 of 5 a day

<hic>.....burp.....<lifts lid AND seat> (well trained y'see) pishhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....La-la-la-la...pishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....la-la...<swaying a bit> Oooops...missed a bit wee there...pishhhhhh...pish....pish....pish...FLUSH

AAAAAAAHHHHH!

Small Glass of red wine = 85 calories - No 5 of 5 a day

<hic>.....burp.........<looks over to missus>....ah f****** love you, you know that...don't you? Ah f****** do you know. I really do. You know that, don't you? That I love you I mean. I do you know, I really do. Ah f.....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

<12 hours later>
Ooooh my head hurts.

Snorvey
23 Aug 2013, 13:53
:bugeyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and what a fast day that was, eh? :lol: :star: :like:
58 posts Page 4 of 4