The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

27 posts Page 1 of 2
First stone gone!
18 Mar 2013, 10:34
Week 11 for me and weigh in day and I've lost a stone! Not been the fastest diet around, but certainly the most effective for me long term! Another 4 to go! Ha, ha! I'm feeling optimistic though and looking forward to seeing the 16 stones on my scales (was 18 stone when I started and 17 stone this morning). I took some photos yesterday and I could really see a change in my face which is more encouragement! Fast day today and motivation is high despite returning to work this week after maternity leave. For all those others out there with big weight losses to battle this is how my weight loss has changed:
Week 1: 18 stone
Week 2: 17 stone 12lbs
Week 3: 17 stone 11lbs
Week 4: 17 stone 5lbs
Week 5: 17 stone 8lbs
Week 6: 17 stone 3lbs
Week 7: 17 stone 5lbs
Week 8: 17 stone 1lb
Week 9: 17 stone 3lbs
Week 10: 17stone 3lbs
Week 11: 17 stone
Hope this helps as you can see the fluctuations have gone up/down and stayed the same but overall the weight war is being won! Don't be disheartened in weeks with no loss or even weight gain, this does work!
I weigh on Mondays and fast Monday/thurs when I save all my calories for evening meal, I have not changed my normal eating patterns on normal days although I am beginning to rethink how I eat food like delaying breakfast to avoid morning munchies!
Hope this encourages someone!
Re: First stone gone!
18 Mar 2013, 10:47
well done, thats amazing :lol: . really inspiring for me. i just keep thinking a lb a week is about a four stone loss in a year. :victory:
18 Mar 2013, 11:04
Thanks, it's been great, finally something that works for me! Hope it works for you too :victory:
18 Mar 2013, 11:11
Well done, thanks for posting your stats - it is encouraging to see that the gains are eventually balanced out and the losses come if you stay on track. It is really motivating, give yourself a big pat on the back :like:
18 Mar 2013, 11:17
Congrats - what great results, and thanks for sharing the stats.
It's been a slow journey for me too, but as we all know this is more a WOL so slowly, slowly catchee monkey is fine by me. Well done :like:
18 Mar 2013, 11:21
Well done, we all need gold stars for our first stone.
18 Mar 2013, 11:23
Thanks everyone, it was interesting to see them written down myself, I have been tracking progress on the wii which has a graph and when I've gained I've always tried to focus on the downward trend! I will catch that pesky monkey!
18 Mar 2013, 11:29
Well done mariposa, thank you for sharing your stats, I was feeling a bit down today because weighed myself and I gained without doing anything different. So you gave me the motivation to keep on going and hopefully see a decrease on the scales next time I weigh in.
18 Mar 2013, 11:57
:victory: Congratulations Mariposa, A big achievement & thanks for sharing which is very motivational :)
18 Mar 2013, 12:05
Well done! As a beginner really motivates me to keep on track. :)
18 Mar 2013, 12:15
Well Done Mariposa. I weigh in on a Monday and I've done my first stone today too!! We have very similar amounts to lose. It'll be good to have each other for support. Keep up the good work!
18 Mar 2013, 12:30
Thank you for taking the time to post this, it is such a useful and inspiring post, sending you a gold star :star: . I have no idea how to attach an image but Google images 14lb fish. It will give you a visual image of what you have lost. Very well done!
18 Mar 2013, 12:32
Thanks catscratch, just nosed on your tracker, you are losing really well! Have you been watching what you eat on non fast days? That is still my downfall, I'm beginning to make changes, I've just watched the men that make you fat in the resources section and it's been inspiring to make me rethink how I view food, I'll be here for quite some time until I achieve my goal, but the first stone feels like a real accomplishment! Here's to the next one!
18 Mar 2013, 13:09
Thank you so much mariposa for your very encouraging post, and congratulations on sticking with it to reach this milestone.
I was becoming obsessed with the scales, so I am waiting for the next forum weigh in at the beginning of April to record my weight.
It's also very interesting that you haven't been counting calories or watching what you eat on non fast days.
I think the non fast days are more of an issue for most people
Again fantastic result. I'm cheering you on from the sidelines. X
18 Mar 2013, 13:18
Well done Mariposa. I have about 50kg to lose so I am very encouraged to see the success stories on this web site. I am at the beginning of my journey and am enjoying the support and motivation from the other 5:2ers.
27 posts Page 1 of 2