The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

11 posts Page 1 of 1
I have now completed 8 weeks on the 5:2 diet and am starting to really see the difference in my body. I have chosen to assess progress using measurements, which I started after 2 weeks in, rather than weigh myself. Had a difficult few weeks with regard to work and maintaining my cycling commute (weather and working long hours) so my exercise has not been as good as normal. This seems to make a difference on the fast days.

I take several measurements for each position on my body and record the median measure, although the measurements do not vary by a significant degree.

The change in measurements ars as follows (all a loss)
Waist - 6.5 cm (8.6%)
Bust - 4 cm (4%)
Under bust - 0 (0%)
Hips - 6 cm (5.8%)
Widest part of bottom - 11 cm (9.6%)
Top of thighs under bottom - 9 cm (8%)
Thigh - 6.5 cm (9.7%)
Calf - 3 cm (7.3%)
Upper arm - 1.5 cm (4.6%)

I am pear shaped and carry most of my weight on my hips, bum and thighs, so it is good to see the greatest loss in that region. The loss here has been consistent whereas my waist measurement fluctuates more although with a downward trend (the fluctuation is especially noticeable during my period). My waist to height ratio is 0.46 down from 0.51 so I am happy about that change. This past week people have made comments about how they can see the loss. :)
And no loss in the bust area. Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!
That looks fantastic!

Any tummy measurements?
TML13 - unfortunately there was a 4cm loss in the bust, no loss under the bust. :) But the loss is smaller than in the areas where it is needed so I am happy with that. Also, the bust measurement fluctuates a lot during my cycle so that measurement is probably the most unreliable one!

Pip - only my waist and my hip measurements (hip measurement spans across lower tummy)
Still it's quite less compared to the other parts, you did super well!!!
Brilliant! You must be well pleased!
Congratulations! You are obviously doing this WOE correctly! and making it work for you
I am pleased thanks Caroline. And yes, I love this way of eating. I feel great and not restricted and miserable as I have done on so many other diets. This works for me and the changes in measurements are a bonus actually, because for the first time since I was a teenager I don't need to always chose the least calorific thing on the menu or miss out on joining in with colleagues for a bit of birthday cake etc. I can enjoy life and maintain or, as I am finding, even reduce my size. It is brilliant!
DrLCH wrote: ...because for the first time since I was a teenager I don't need to always chose the least calorific thing on the menu or miss out on joining in with colleagues for a bit of birthday cake etc.

I recognize that!! It's great, isn't it?! And congratulations, you have really done well in only 8 weeks!!
6 month update
06 Aug 2013, 10:58
Work and life have taken over so I have been a little absent on these boards. I think there is also an element of how this WOE is successful as, though the fasting today boards are excellent support, I do not NEED them to get through the day. :)

I thought I would give you all an update on my progress. I started the diet at the start of Feb 2013 so this is 6 months of doing 5:2. I have only missed a fast day once due to illness, the other weeks I worked my days around so that I could fit at least 2 days in a week.

I haven't weighed myself during the process and while I had a vague idea of my weight at the start I don't know how accurate it is. I did a quick check the other week on a scales in Boots and still have quite a bit to lose. :)

What I have been doing is taking measurements from all over my body, once or twice a month. These are the changes so far.

The change in measurements ars as follows (all a loss)
Waist - 9.5 cm
Bust - 9 cm
Under bust - 4 cm
Hips - 14 cm
Widest part of bottom - 17 cm
Top of thighs under bottom - 13 cm
Right Thigh - 13
Right Calf - 4 cm
Left Upper arm - 3.5 cm

My waist to height ratio has gone from 0.52 to 0.43

I think you can see it is an excellent result and I am much happier in myself. I notice a large change in my face and all the little bumps and folds have almost disappeared. I will continue on this as I don't find it restrictive. I don't count calories on my normal days but just eat a balanced diet and if I want wine and a desert I will have one. :) I recommend this diet and these forums to everyone I discuss it with.
11 posts Page 1 of 1