The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

26 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Wendy Darlings Progress
05 Jun 2013, 05:26
Hi Wendy darling
First time I have read your progress posts.
I am stalled hence reason why joining you in 5:2 + 16:8, and I to have wondered as you regarding the extreme pattern differences between males & females weight loss. We women definitely tend to lose slowly rebound or even ( :shock: I will say the word ) PLATEAU. I wonder is it hormonal as we store oestrogen in our fat cells and our bodies therefore are designed to hold onto the fat. That is my query to add to yours
Anyway see you on the 5:2 + 16:8 thread
All the best :clover: and you will conquer those pesky lbs that are proving reluctant to go
05 Jun 2013, 14:52
Thank you janeg and gillymary. Lets go!!!!!!! :grin:
05 Jun 2013, 15:45
I've also joined you in 5:2+16:8 land (let's call it Sometime-Sometime-Land!). I was really really hungry this morning as I had fasted yesterday but of course it wasn't unbearable - I knew it wouldn't be.

Good luck all!
11 Jun 2013, 17:50
Did 5:2 for 2 days, 16:8 for the rest of the week including the weekend. However the weekend was a bit wey hey at the same time. Guess what? 4lb down. Am almost back on track for losing 1lb per week since I started! If anyone has any doubts, keep going, don't give up!!

9st 12 start of 11th week and 19 fasts :victory:

Hi Mummybunny, thanks for posting :smile:
11 Jun 2013, 19:12
WOW! aren't you doing well, keep it up,

Ballerina x :heart:
11 Jun 2013, 19:45
Wendy you are doing so well. I used to get into such a state after weighing myself 3,4 or 5 times a week. I finally threw the scales away and measure my waist every now and then at the gym (by the gym staff). I sometimes go to my neighbour's to get weighed.
I know I have lost weight because size 14 clothes are too loose and I bought myself size 12 dresses!! I normally hide my body in stretchy jeans, linen trousers and loose, baggy tops. Am getting confident in wearing more fitted clothes and have had compliments on my figure. I would love to be able to wear size 10 clothes by Christmas. I'm only losing half a pound here and there but the inch loss and the health benefits are what spurs me on and keeps me going. Have been traveling quite a bit and haven't been doing the 5:2 whilst abroad.
11 Jun 2013, 21:57
Thank you but I'm so appley Bala that I don't know where my waist is so I can't measure it! It is definitely proving difficult to shift from there. My clothes are generally looser all over. I think it's best to do what you are doing and measure success by wearing smaller clothes and getting complimented but I just can't stay away from the scales. Be great to be in size 10's and showing off how good you look. Good luck
19 Jun 2013, 21:16
5:2 + 16:8 still going well. I did get to 9st 11 for a few days, didn't do my usual Monday fast this week, I changed it to Tuesday instead so I didn't officially weigh in after a fast this week as I usually do. Want to be honest with myself so even though it looks as though I have lost nothing since last week, I know I did if you see what I mean!

The True Weight app is happy, so so am I :smile: and I love Moogies new trend line on the tracker.

9st 12 start of 12 week and 21 fasts (I think...... Starting to lose track now)
20 Jun 2013, 07:04
Good morning Wendy Darling,

Great to see how well you are doing, you must be feeling great. My waist has also gone awol so my post holiday project is going to be how to get it back again and also how much can I firm up all my flabby bits which means my WHOLE body with the exception of the soles of my feet, they don't seem to have gone flabby at all, strange that!! I also want to try and make my bottom more acceptable to public scutiny as it has gone rather flat AND flabby, not a good look. Such a relief that hubs likes his women any way I am, fat, thin, he's not bothered as long as I don't stop breathing!

Keep going and see you over on 'B du J'

Ballerina x :heart:
20 Jun 2013, 07:15
Hi WendyD

Wendy Darling wrote: Yesterday I did 5:2, today 16:8. I will do 5:2 again on Thursday and 16:8 all the other days. Official weigh in day today and I am still 10st 1lb. I just keep gaining and losing that same 2lb. I did suggest plateau but one of the men said that they don't believe that this state exists. I have seen so many women discussing it that I am wondering if it is something that is particular to women. Any thoughts?

I've stayed the same weight for the last 3 weeks now, but the Nog gut has definitely shrunk, so maybe the plateau does exist or maybe body adjusting :?:

Don't know about 5:2 AND 16:8 as well, maybe us blokes are lazy :?: well as far as eating regimes are concerned :oops: I like the 5:2 WOE because on 2 days a week I can follow it without thinking pretty much :like:
Start sticking other things into the equation and it detracts from our simple solution, maybe :bugeyes:
28 Jun 2013, 23:05
Hi you two, sorry hadn't seen your posts before. I'm still doing 5:2 + 16:8, can't imagine it any other way now. Another 1lb down, weighing in at 9st 11lb oh and adding in Callanetics for arms and tum. It doesn't feel like much at the time, bit of a burn but man, you can feel it the next day.

9st 11lb start of week 13 (Tuesday but forgot to post)
26 posts Page 2 of 2