The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

26 posts Page 1 of 2
Wendy Darlings Progress
09 Apr 2013, 07:12
Started the week of Monday 1st April weighing 10st 7lb, my first fast day was Tuesday 2nd.
Weighed myself yesterday (Monday 8th) and had lost 1lb, not bad but a little disappointed. Fasted yesterday for the 3rd time, weighed myself this morning and yippee...... another 1lb down
Monday 1st April 10st 7lb
Tuesday 9th April 10st 5lb after 3 fasts
:victory:
Re: Wendy Darlings Progress
09 Apr 2013, 09:17
Well done! That's great :)
16 Apr 2013, 19:34
Weighed myself yesterday morning and had put on 1lb, I was so annoyed I had an impromptu fast. By the afternoon I had lost the 1lb (dodgy scales obviously!)
I am therefore pleased to report that I weighed myself this morning and have lost another 1lb and miraculously 1.5" from my waist all of a sudden. Well pleased. Was going to do my usual Tuesday fast today, started ok but I had bread at lunchtime with a cup of bovril and then chocolate this afternoon :oops: had a healthy dinner though (see Wendy's Dinner Idea Links) so all is not lost! The weight variations are amazing though.

Monday 15th April 10st 6lb after 4 fasts
Tuesday 16th April 10st 4lb after 5 fasts
23 Apr 2013, 06:48
Weighed myself yesterday morning and was 10st 3 lb, fasted all day, weighed myself in the evening (I know I shouldn't ) and was 10st 5lb. Yikes!! Weighed myself this morning and yep, definitely 10st 3lb. Very pleased, steady and sure wins the race.

Have changed my first fast day of the week to Monday and weigh in day to Tuesday.

10st 3lb start of 4th week and 7 fasts :victory:
30 Apr 2013, 08:29
Weighed like mad this week and hovered between 10st 5lb and 10st 2lb. Used the True Weight app (not too sure that it doesn't just make the true weight up as it goes along!) decided that this diet is like 'the Emperors New Clothes', looked at everyone else's successful progress charts, scratched my head a bit, had another bovril, another 10 cal jelly and another 40 cal hot chocolate then weighed in again today (my official weekly weighing in day) and yep, another 1lb down. Very pleased.

10st 2lb start of 5th week and 9 fasts
07 May 2013, 12:32
Been following the same regime and yippee..... another 1lb down

10st 1lb start of 6th week and 11 fasts :victory:
07 May 2013, 12:35
progress Wendy! Well done you :victory:
15 May 2013, 20:17
Been following the same regime and yippee..... another 1lb down. Been fussing and fretting over my TDEE this week but after tracking my caloric intake it would appear that I was eating to it anyway. Still can't believe how easy this WOE is to do.

10st start of 7th week and 13 fasts (forgot to post yesterday)

Mini target reached :victory: next target 9st 7lb
21 May 2013, 22:39
Oh dear, nothing different done but haven't lost any weight this week. Bit disappointing as I was doing so well. Been finding it so easy and enjoyable but was starving and freezing cold during yesterday's fast for the first time, it wasn't nice but I have seen a thread that describes this happening at around the 8th week mark so I will just push on through the wall.

10st start of 8th week and 15 fasts :cry:
28 May 2013, 18:22
Oh dear, 2lb increase. I would usually have fasted on a Monday and weighed in on a Tuesday but this week the bank hol and other fun things are getting in the way. I have tried 16:8 yesterday and today and will try for full fasts tomorrow and Thursday with -500 calories as a main meal in the evening and then try 16:8 again on Friday. Have never done 2 consecutive days before but I will give it a try.

10st 2lb start of 9th week and 16 fasts :cry:

True Weight says this; first time it's been in the red so a little disappointed.

image.jpg
28 May 2013, 18:40
I think you are doing wonderfully Wendy and I don't think you should worry unduly about the latest figures, especially if as it seems they were not taken after a full fast as they normally are.

As long as you keep doing what you have been you should continue to lose (ok it's true your TDEE will be falling a bit as your weight falls, but I am sure you are taking account of that). I was on a very similar road to you - slow and steady still gets to the finishing line in the end...
28 May 2013, 18:52
Cheers Dominic :like: I'm sure you're right. Don't get many replies here so thank you so much for taking the time. It gets a bit lonely sometimes but I keep a record both as a personal diary for myself and as an aid to Caroline's stats :smile:
29 May 2013, 05:26
You're getting there Wendy!
I noticed that you experienced real cold and hunger when you've been fasting for a wee while. I was the same last week (40+ fast). How strange...
I'm trying to shake things up with moving to 4:3 and exercise. I really don't think I could do 2 consecutive days- come breakfast time I could eat a scabby horse raw (and I'm veggie :D)
Good luck :clover: It'll be interesting to see what a change of tactics does
04 Jun 2013, 19:24
I ended up doing 16:8 last week and really enjoyed it. Ballerina and I started a 5:2 + 16:8 thread that has attracted a lot of interest. Amazing that so many of us all sort of fell into 16:8 by accident because of no longer feeling so hungry in the mornings and now thanks to Ballerina it's got a name (at least on here!)

Yesterday I did 5:2, today 16:8. I will do 5:2 again on Thursday and 16:8 all the other days. Official weigh in day today and I am still 10st 1lb. I just keep gaining and losing that same 2lb. I did suggest plateau but one of the men said that they don't believe that this state exists. I have seen so many women discussing it that I am wondering if it is something that is particular to women. Any thoughts?
26 posts Page 1 of 2