The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

27 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: My Journal
09 May 2013, 15:42
Lol, shaving to get a little blip from the scales? ;)
10 May 2013, 16:41
Betsysgr8 wrote: Lol, shaving to get a little blip from the scales? ;)

You never know ;)

Delighted to be able to see a downward curve in the tracker after barely losing anything for 2 weeks, I've suddenly dropped down by 6lbs!!! More than my initial first week weight loss.

My previous weigh ins were taken after a weekend of eating high carb foods (take aways) so that might explain the lack of any real loss when weighing myself due to retaining more water than normal!

Glad I stuck with it though despite not seeing a reflection on the scales!
11 May 2013, 05:36
Well done, Congrats on the 6 lb loss, funny how it will just suddenly let go like that.
25 May 2013, 11:23

Lost another 1lb today, bringing me down to 12.13, under 13 stone for the first time in 3 years, though being 6 foot 2 I'm pretty close to my target weight anyway. I've lost a total of 9lbs in 5 weeks which, whilst slow compared to others I haven't got much to lose so it's been understandably slower.

My mum, who I mentioned is doing weight watchers has lost over a stone, but having more to lose I suspect is playing a role into that. She is starting to slip up on it though due to it being so restricting, whereas I'm sailing through this and loving it!

Sustainable? Definitely, I can see myself eating this way for a LONG time!
25 May 2013, 14:05
Congratulations, Dan (I can't bring myself to call you 'Fat'Dan)! I think that is an excellent weight loss and a brilliant demonstration for your Mum of the effectiveness of this WOE. At 6' 2" how much more do you want/need to lose? My husand is 6' 4" and is aiming for 13 st 7lb although he is currently trying to lose the weight he regained recently on a cruise! (as am I!)
Good luck for your continued weight loss. Onwards and downwards!
25 May 2013, 23:21
StowgateResident wrote: Congratulations, Dan (I can't bring myself to call you 'Fat'Dan)! I think that is an excellent weight loss and a brilliant demonstration for your Mum of the effectiveness of this WOE. At 6' 2" how much more do you want/need to lose? My husand is 6' 4" and is aiming for 13 st 7lb although he is currently trying to lose the weight he regained recently on a cruise! (as am I!)
Good luck for your continued weight loss. Onwards and downwards!

I'm aiming to get to around 12.5ish, though if I'm honest I'm happy with where I am at the moment now so I'm not in a huge rush to get down to that :oops:
26 May 2013, 20:53
Does anyone have any idea how many calories are in lean beef frying steak? No nutritional value on the packaging
27 May 2013, 13:19
I went on MFP and found varying results, however there is one that said Asda - Lean Beef Frying Steak 1 steak 170 cal. It appears that the calories varyed from 170 to 300 for 100grams, some didn't give info on how much oil was used when cooking. You might try looking at your governments beef council website.
29 May 2013, 14:50
Betsysgr8 wrote: I went on MFP and found varying results, however there is one that said Asda - Lean Beef Frying Steak 1 steak 170 cal. It appears that the calories varyed from 170 to 300 for 100grams, some didn't give info on how much oil was used when cooking. You might try looking at your governments beef council website.

Thank you :like:

The steaks were quite small and thin so I'd be surprised if they were as high as 300Kal for 100grams, though I only had the one just to be on the safe side, cooked it in the pan without any oil so it burnt up any fat that was inside it.

My new scales arrived this morning, they measure BMI, body fat and water % - They show me to be 2lbs heavier than my old scales and show that I have a body fat percentage of 19.1%, which is quite frightening!

Not too bothered about the weight difference, that's probably just natural fluctuation
01 Jun 2013, 12:15
Didn't lose any weight this week, but I didn't gain any either. I only managed to get one fast in this week, I failed on Monday because I'd been shopping on the Sunday and decided having 6 packets of crisps Monday morning would be a great idea!

Got the Thursday Fast in with no problems, since I weigh in on Saturday mornings only 1 fast is counted, but I am fasting today to makeup for Monday.

Problem is I'm really struggling today, keep getting dizzy etc.. very similar to my first ever fast actually, determined to stick with it.

Body Fat % was down to 18.6% today, though I know they're not very accurate and can fluctuate quite widely.
05 Sep 2013, 18:15
It's been a while since i've been on both here and the 5:2 diet. I reached a point where I was happy with my weight and got quite lazy, ended up snacking more frequently and taking the fast days less seriously.

I'm almost back to where I started having put 14 stone back on during the last couple of months. I'm back on 5:2 as of today, just had my 600cal meal. Getting back into it was surprisingly easy, fast day 1 is almost behind me now!
05 Sep 2013, 18:22
You must mean 14 pounds !!!!!!!
27 posts Page 2 of 2