The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Slow - and not so sure
29 Jan 2013, 08:31
I need to loose, ideally, 3 stone (42lbs) but would be happy with 2 stone loss. I started 3 weeks ago and only lost 3lbs, so slow going.

I tried my first week of fasting last week and admit I found the 500 cals difficult to achieve. On my non fast days I stuck to about 1200 cals, with lots of veg (weighed and calorie counted) chicken, fish etc (ditto counted).
I put a pound ON :o

Yesterday, I achieved 500 calories. I now know I can do it, so hope to see a greater speed of weight loss - though not too dramatic, I'm sure. It always happen when I do start a diet; weight loss is slow/non existent to start.

Hoping to keep motivated, with the help of this forum.
Re: Slow - and not so sure
29 Jan 2013, 08:36
Have you taken measurements too? That sometimes keeps me going when the scales don't move much.
29 Jan 2013, 08:40
You're doing well PennyForthem and I am sure more weight loss will come through in due course, it's probably just masked by daily/weekly/monthly variations at the moment. I guess you started regular dieting 3 weeks ago and tried fasting just last week?

As well as helping you lose weight, fasting offers other health advantages so comfort yourself with that thought if the lbs aren't falling off as quickly as you would like!

The fasting days (aka 'repair days') get easier with practice. You might also want to experiment with how/when to take your 500. We (me and OH) have all in the evening and (now) try not to have *any* calories until then - it is (maybe) healthier and it seems to be easier too, but different strategies work for different people. Lots of advice around here - did you read the short answers at http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=246?
29 Jan 2013, 08:52
Hello PennyForthem
I also lose very slowly- less than a pound a week and it can be very disheartening. I find restricting how often I weigh (I have to increase it from 'never' though!) and measuring is more helpful.
It took a while to go on and, while a magic wand to take it off would be great, I'm convinced it'll go back on again if it goes too quickly.
I think of this as a sustainable lifestyle change ; it's hopefully got a long time to work.
Oh, and the support of others on the forum is ACE! Keep at it :)
29 Jan 2013, 08:59
I find my own weight losses/gains a bit mind boggling.

I lose after a fast but put the weight back on after non-fast days.

I expect it's a case of 'one step forward, two steps back'. I'm expecting that in the final analysis, more weight stays off than on.

I definitely weigh myself too much and see all the small variations! Today my husband announced he has lost 1.5 pounds since last Fri, while I have put on half a pound. I expect I will lose a bit when I fast this Thursday before my weekly Friday weigh-in but it's up and down constantly! :)
29 Jan 2013, 09:15
Thank you all. I have found a tape measure!!
29 Jan 2013, 09:40
Some people are finding the weight loss is actually quicker if they eat more on feed days. 1200 cals seems low to me. Have you checked your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE)? (link in the essential links post in resources section). I aim to average my TDEE over the 5 feed days. Have lost about a lb per week on average.
29 Jan 2013, 09:51
Very interesting - thanks for that link.
29 Jan 2013, 10:34
I'm not losing much either. Fat going slightly down though. My husband doesn't want I count calories during normal eating days. I think some days I eat 2000cal some 2300cal. Maybe it's why it's so slow...but I enjoy eating that way. I try to walk 15000 steps a day. Xx
14 Feb 2013, 23:06
On 29 Jan I'd lost 3lbs. Interesting!
I've now lost 8
Not measured myself again, but the jeans are very loose!
14 Feb 2013, 23:20
Well done, Pennyforthem! Brilliant weight loss!
15 Feb 2013, 08:32
I've lost a total of 7lbs in the 4 weeks since I started.....need to fight the urge to weigh myself after every fast day as since the first week when I lost 4lbs weekly loss has been pretty slow, 3.5 inches off waist though and defiantly feel different in my clothes.Hopefully a slow, steady weight loss will stay off?
12 posts Page 1 of 1