The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Weighed myself this morning, fully expecting to not have shifted an ounce, but was very pleasantly greeted with a 3lb loss! Amazing since I've eaten a lot of cake and biscuits on feed days, and nothing has shifted for weeks.

Hooray for 5:2!
Well done, what a boost! It gives me hope as I've just weighed myself and not lost anything this week.....I've been soooo good too!,
Well done, sometimes I found that a bit of a blowout kickstarted my weight loss again. I think your body gets used to less food so an overload sometimes seems to let it know who is boss, and it aint you!

Granny, it might be worth a try,

Ballerina x
Well done! :D
Must feel wonderful to be losing weight again!
Can I ask how long a plateau? I haven't lost anything for weeks :(
Well done imcountingufoz! I myself had a problem with the plateau. Until this week I wasn't loosing weight since Good Friday - about a month. Wasn't loosing inches either.

When filling in Carorees' questionnaire I realized I ate too much carbs on normal and fasting days too. I also ate crisps too often, a handful or two, but almost every day. So I switched to good old proteins+veg on fasting days and have reduced carbs intake on normal days and that helped. My cravings for crisps also went away. I have once tried fasting for 36 hrs to kick start weight loss but that didn't help and I didn't feel very well after that fast either.

Since last week I have lost 0.700g (just over a pound) and I am so happy for it! I have also lost 0.5 inch from hips and tights.

Good luck to those who's weight stalled! Don't loose heart, be patient and look into what might be the problem and for the solution to it.
Joltek wrote: Can I ask how long a plateau? I haven't lost anything for weeks :(

I don't think I lost anything for a good month. I am amazed because I gorged on biscuits and cake this week. I thought I'd gain for sure.
This adds to the increasing evidence that the occasional binge (or at least high calorie day) seems to boost weightloss somehow. The tricky bit is balancing the high calories over the week (or month even) so that the overall calorie intake is lower than TDEE! If we knew an easy way of estimating how far above/below TDEE one should go to create this kind of boost it would be great. Not sure if the questionnaire will help with that yet.
I found last week and the week before I was really "good", in that I ate like a sparrow and had no treats whatsoever. I didn't lose anything, and I think my body went into starvation mode. So maybe it's the opposite, if you have a bingey week, your body doesn't feel like it needs to hold on to everything, ergo, you lose weight.

I hadn't done anything different in terms of exercise.

Next week I will watch what I eat more, I think, and try and stick to my TDEE and see what happens.
:wink: I'm pleased you wrote this as for the first time on this woe. I've not lost this week,
Was expecting to reach my goal, so gutted it's not happened, I think I've hit my plateau too as I'm soooo close now. Well done on yr 3lb
Ah - our bodies are truly mysterious things. It is so counter intuitive, eat loads and lose weight. The thing I have noticed repeatedly is this "feasting" usually takes place after a period of "being good" so we really shouldn't despair after eating too much. Not saying this is a licence to stuff ourselves at every opportunity, but life happens, cake, chocolate, puddings happen to be part of it, and this WOL is telling me there's room for all these things :smile: (sometimes!)
Congratulations on your loss!
Thanks for this post. I lost 6.5 lbs in my first month and then nothing this month. My weight has gone up a bit and down a bit but overall a month long plateau. Posts like this keep me going and give me a bit of hope. Well done Imcountingufoz!
wohoo - way to go imcountingufoz - great result, well done :like:
Thank you thank you! xx
15 posts Page 1 of 1