The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Re: finally getting somewhere?
29 Apr 2013, 14:05
Well done & it seems like a very sensible plan to me! I, too, have been battling the chocolate & assorted junk monster since beginning this WOE 3 weeks ago. This is the week I put my foot down and eat a healthy diet just as you described in your post!

Thanks for sharing......gives me hope that I'm on the right track as well!
29 Apr 2013, 14:10
Well done you! I lost loads of weight on a low carb diet some years ago but just couldn't keep it up! Currently I'm aiming at trying to have my two fast days and two other days as low carb days as a compromise. I don't really crave the carbs but I find cooking low carb every day very trying (and expensive).
29 Apr 2013, 14:20
logged in on my phone so can't say much. I just had to say congrats Izzy, well done etc
Chris xx
29 Apr 2013, 14:29
izzy, that is great going1 I know how hard it is to cut down on carbs but when the benefits are so great it slightly lessens the pain. :?: I have eliminated most simple carbs from my diet now and increased some fats like coconut oil, which I love too, and eat a lot more vegetables and salads, with seeds, nuts, avocados etc. I will never lose my love of a big plate of pasta or a baguette and I do still indulge very occasionally, but only when I'm out having a meal, because I know I can't go back for seconds or fourths as I do when they are in the kitchen. So it's a long distance love affair, and all the better for that! Hope reducing the carbs keeps going well for you and the great results in your weightloss continue!:smile:
29 Apr 2013, 14:37
At the beginning of 2013 I had to cut out all starchy foods and I really felt the withdrawal symptoms and it took a lot of willpower not to cave in and attack the biscuit tin / chocolate! However, I was doing this to find out which food(s) caused my psoriasis, so I would have been defeating the object if I did eat anything on the forbidden list (provided by my doctor). Likewise with 5:2, I am trying to stick to the general guidelines (eat more healthily, keep to 500 cals/day on fast days and within TDEE limit on feast days) but some days I just eat whatever I want (especially chocolate). I missed out on pancake day in the UK so today I had 3 pancakes with brown sugar and lemon - delicious!. After 3 weeks I feel so much better and am enjoying eating again and I hope that soon you will feel the same.
29 Apr 2013, 14:45
Sounds good to me, this is my first day of my first week, wish me well.
29 Apr 2013, 16:41
Izzy well done, nearly 5lb in a week is amazing, especially with being on steroids.

Left to my own devices, I'm a bit of a carb junkie too, with wine and crisps being my biggest downfall. I'm also trying to cut back on carbs and increase my good proteins to see if that kicks in some weight loss again, as I seem to have stalled for the last few weeks. Just got some lovely Mackerel recipes off the BBC Good Food site, so planning that for dinner tonight. (Non fast day today).

I've noticed that Coconut Oil has cropped up a few times on the forum now, but I'm intrigued, I thought it was just something you cooked with, like Olive Oil. Please enlighten me :confused:

Evie x
7 posts Page 1 of 1