The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

18 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi All

Please join our monthly weigh in on Saturday May 4th, our third official weigh in day. If you hate Saturday as the weigh in day, you can post results from Friday/Sunday if you prefer.

As not everyone weighs and as waist measurement is a better indicator of fat loss, we will declare either or both weight and waist.

So, I'll start a thread for the weigh in on Friday evening (3rd May) and will lock it on Monday Tuesday (due to UK bank holiday) morning. While it is active please post your weigh in details. Please include: current weight and/or waist and how that has changed since last month (if you have info on your April 6th weight/waist). Also your starting stats and target stats if you like and any other comment.

Secondly, if you haven't already, please do fill out our questionnaire so we can gain some insight into why some people lose weight fast and others slow. The more participants the more likely we are to be able to get some meaningful results!

Third, if your weight loss is slow, ponder on this: if you are losing say, 1 kg per month, then you must have eaten roughly 7000 calories below your total daily energy requirements that month or 233 cals (based on a 30 day month) below TDEE per day. If you count calories take your average daily intake and add 233...that is your TDEE!

Remember: May the 4th be with you! :wink:
Question - if I just started yesterday do I still weigh in for this on Saturday?
carorees wrote: Hi All

Please join our monthly weigh in on Saturday May 4th, our third official weigh in day. If you hate Saturday as the weigh in day, you can post results from Friday/Sunday if you prefer.

As not everyone weighs and as waist measurement is a better indicator of fat loss, we will declare either or both weight and waist.

So, I'll start a thread for the weigh in on Friday evening (3rd May) and will lock it on Monday morning. While it is active please post your weigh in details. Please include: current weight and/or waist and how that has changed since last month (if you have info on your April 6th weight/waist). Also your starting stats and target stats if you like and any other comment.

Secondly, if you haven't already, please do fill out our questionnaire so we can gain some insight into why some people lose weight fast and others slow. The more participants the more likely we are to be able to get some meaningful results!

Third, if your weight loss is slow, ponder on this: if you are losing say, 1 kg per month, then you must have eaten roughly 7000 calories below your total daily energy requirements that month or 233 cals (based on a 30 day month) below TDEE per day. If you count calories take your average daily intake and add 233...that is your TDEE!

Remember: May the 4th be with you! :wink:

Hi Caroline, off-topic but it's 11.54pm 30/4 in NSW , Australia so how is it that yr post is showing 00.43 1/5 if UK is behind us 10-ish hrs? it's given me something to ponder instead of sleeping!

Or DOH! my laptop clock is out of synch by a couple of minutes & yr posts are being shown in Oz time??clearly I need some sleep!
Okay, I'm in. I'm eager to see everyone's progress - and I hope I have some too. :geek:
When will it close on Monday as I like to weigh myself first thing on Monday morning (around 7.30am)?
@Rhonda...we calculate how people have done over the month so as you have started so recently it might be best just to note down your stats ready for next month's weigh in!

@OZCAZ... the posting time is showing as 14.43 on my screen...so that makes sense...add 10 hours for Australia = 24.43 which is of course 00.43 or did I misunderstand you?

@vebnorahs...I don't close the thread until around lunchtime on Monday (UK time) so that everyone gets all weekend to add their data, so you should be ok!
Caroline, since it is Easter and I'm leaving home for a few days, my last weigh in will probably be on Thursday morning. I will probably have access to a computer but not to scales till Tuesday or Wednesday...
Thursday is near enough...
OK, thanks!
Caroline
Monday is a bank holiday in the UK, I and quite a few more will be going away for a long weekend,
I will weigh myself Friday morning and leave at lunch time so will not be able to go online from late Friday morning to after work on Tuesday.
So it may be better if you start the thread Thursday evening or extend it to Tuesday evening. Thats if you want to catch as many people as possible :wink:
TML - (stupid question!) Is Easter different in Greece? - it's not Easter here :geek:
Good point about bank holiday...I'll extend it by a day.
hello carorees,,i shall update on mon morning all being well,, i am actually really excited about tomorrow morning i have appt with nurse regarding high BP ,,this being in my opinion only since i started HRT patches in November '12,,although i realise weight has part to play ,just that i never had high BP before,,so i am hoping since starting 5:2 on 8th April that my BP will be lower! :clover:
Thanks for reply - will keep note and join in the monthly weigh in next time. Cheers :smile:
Gosh that has come around quickly, where has the last month gone?
18 posts Page 1 of 2