The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

33 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: byoung's progress
29 May 2013, 21:08
I am so pleased for you (and me!) - I think the trick is not to be put off if the scales don't always play along. What we are doing now is sustainable for the long haul - good luck - I'll keep a look out for your updates.
29 May 2013, 21:12
Thank you. And I will look out for yours when you post them too. It is good to have someone else who understands about binge eating and how crazy it feels. And what a difference this WOE makes.
06 Jun 2013, 20:28
Another loss. I have lost 1.7kg since last week. And this is in spite of a really painful back injury that had me flat on my back for 3 days - the sort of thing that would normally have me comfort eating like crazy. And my blood sugars, usually slightly abnormal although not diabetic range, are normal, way down from usual.
13 Jun 2013, 19:39
I have gained 1kg this week. Quite disappointing after my big loss last week. But I refuse to feel too disappointed. Did not really eat anything differ. If anything had less than the previous week. Ah well onwards and downwards
20 Jun 2013, 20:12
Have lost a bit more - 8 weeks - 5.1kg- not bad.
27 Jun 2013, 20:10
Still losing and I have achieved my first mini-goal. The total amount I need to lose is so scared that I can only allow myself to think in terms of small goals. But I have lost 6.7kg in 9 weeks and I am so delighted. But much more important than weight loss is all the other benefits to my health, well-being and sanity.
27 Jun 2013, 20:42
That's fantastic byoung! Congrats on reaching a goal. :like: :star: :)
11 Jul 2013, 20:21
Aargh! I have gained 0.4kg this week. Perfect finish to a bad week - not. I know it is probably water although I do have a sneaking suspicion that more carbs than usual crept into my diet. The main thing is to keep going and not let this be an excuse to give up. Because at times it is hard.
11 Jul 2013, 20:40
Hang in there byoung!
11 Jul 2013, 20:45
Byoung that isn't much weight at all, it and the same again could be gone by tomorrow or next day. So many things can make the difference of a kilo on weight day. Chin up and don't let it beat you.
11 Jul 2013, 21:24
Thanks Nessie and LittleJoy - I know you are right but I have been battling my weight for so many years that at times it feels like an impossible battle. I think that deep down I secretly expect that 5:2 fasting will not work for me in the longer term so when there is a gain I think that is the reality. My screwed up head! Anyway just getting dressed and my pants really are loose. Handfuls of empty fabric around the hips and thighs. Onwards and downwards.
11 Jul 2013, 23:45
byoung, I feel the same, that I don't expect 5:2 will really work for me, as nothing ever has! I hope it does work for us... I'm screwed up too!

Staying hopeful for both of us! :clover:

Yay for the loose pants. :)
12 Jul 2013, 00:17
LittleJoy, we can at least comfort ourselves that in the event of a famine, we will survive longer than all those skinny Minnie's - that will teach them!
12 Jul 2013, 01:10
I think scales lie sometimes - well, mine do I'm sure :)

5:2 is for the long haul and your weight will go down, so hang in there (and hang onto your undies!). All the best, FatDog.
Re: Broken the plateau
31 Jul 2013, 20:22
Finally after 4 weeks I have managed to get the weight moving again. I have lost 1.8kg this week. And my secret was ......... Drink m
Ore water. I thought it might be water retention and so I worked and a bit more water intake. Not a huge amount but about 1 - 1.5 liters a day over and above my usual tea and coffee. And it worked :grin: :grin: :grin:
33 posts Page 2 of 3