The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

33 posts Page 1 of 3
byoung's progress
03 May 2013, 21:02
Woohoo. Just weighed myself - have lost 2.5kg since start!!!!! 9 days. Yes I know a lot so it is water but I can diet for 9 days with normal diet and lose practically nothing. This proves to me that this method will work.
Sorry. Probably posted this in the wrong place. New to this.
Re: byoung's progress
03 May 2013, 21:37
S'ok...I've moved it for you!

It's a bit amazing how you can eat so well & still lose weight! Looks like you've made a good start. Well done!
03 May 2013, 21:47
Am quite astonished actually. So used to failing. And I really felt on my feed days that I was eating normally and enjoying good food. I am so please. And thanks to all for the support.
08 May 2013, 19:46
I am amazed that I have completed 2 weeks of 5:2 WOE. I have managed 5 days of fasting without too much trouble. And each one has been a bit easier. But the really amazing thing is that my appetite is changing. Major changes to what and how much I want to eat on feed days. I just don't think much about chocolate, biscuits, ice cream. Weigh in on Saturday - trying to keep it to once a week.
10 May 2013, 19:57
So much for feeling confident. Second weigh in today after16 days and I have regained 0.8 kg. really not sure how that happened.
11 May 2013, 20:22
Don't worry, it's probably just a little blip. You're doing so well. We all go up and down a bit sometimes. Just make sure you don't overindulge too much on your feed days. Have you done measurements because that can give you a boost even when the scales don't show a loss?
12 May 2013, 02:39
byoung103 wrote: So much for feeling confident. Second weigh in today after16 days and I have regained 0.8 kg. really not sure how that happened.

This happens all the time! Up, down, up, down, down, down, up. Don't stress about it! A little extra salt will cause you to retain a bit of water or hormones or a butterfly flew in africa ... lol Lots of reason's that are all temporary, like when you exercise and your muscles are sore, they are holding on to water as they make the repairs, it will let go and the scale will go with it. I found that I weighed 1/2 pound more if I wore my flip-flops instead of my slippers (now I weigh with bare feet, lol). Please don't stress. :)
12 May 2013, 07:08
methinks the butterflies have all settled in the Middle East...
16 May 2013, 20:14
Thank you all for your tremendous support. Weigh in again today - it's amazing, I have lost more - 3.7kg total in3 weeks!!! Unbelievable weight loos rate for me. But even if I was not losing or losing much slower I would keep on with this WOE because it seems to have stopped my intractable bingeing. On feed days I eat like a normal person, I feel full, I stopp eating, I forget about food. Before this food cravings and binge eating were incessant. I had no peace. Now I have peace of mind. I cannot begin to explain it really. But it is so different
23 May 2013, 19:33
Another week and I have actually gained 100gms. Infuriating but up and down weightless seems to be the rule with this WOE. Really encouraging is that my fasting blood glucose is coming down. Not diabetic but hav had mildly raised fasting blood glucose for a while, so at risk for diabetes.
29 May 2013, 20:04
Another weigh- in, another loss. Am averaging 0.823 per week which is brilliant. 5 weeks completed and this is really getting easier. However I have a lot to lose, I must keep my eye in the ball. Am starting a little bit of exercise this last 2 weeks and feel better for it.
29 May 2013, 20:17
Well done you - a lot of what you have said strikes a chord with me - especially about the change of focus on non fast days. I, too, no longer feel the need to binge - it always used to be feast or famine for me. I'd either be very "good" on my diet - and I can be very focused when my head is the right way on, but when I fell off the wagon I would eat like a thing possessed - it was almost as if I knew that my brain would switch again at any point in to strict mode so I had to eat as much as a could before that happened. A bit warped I know, but one of the advantages of getting older is that you learn to accept yourself a bit better and be a bit kinder about your idiosyncrasies. I also believe that with this WOE I have finally found the answer and it is such a relief. Here's to us both finally losing our excess weight and living and eating like "normal" human beings!
29 May 2013, 20:23
I think you are the first person who has said that they have had this same experience. It's amazing isn't it. I feel as if someone has flipped a switch in my head. To be able to eat normally, to not be obsessed with food, to not be binging on chocolate on ice cream is amazing. And it's not that I have had a sudden increase in my willpower, I don't seem to need willpower. The urge to binge is just not happening.
29 May 2013, 20:25
And another thing. I have spent years trying to work out what is wrong with my head (psychologically) that makes me eat in this bizarre way. But now I am beginning to think that it is something physical, that the fasting has in some way altered the balance of my appetite control hormones. Have wasted a lot of time reading self-help psychology books!
33 posts Page 1 of 3