The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

19 posts Page 2 of 2
The 30 day shred is a hard regime to start doing. What has happened is that your muscles have been damaged, its how they get bigger and stronger. As part of the healing process your body retains fluids in and around the joints to cushion, protect and heal them. This adds weight on. Every time you increase your work out you will get a temporary increase in weight for this protection.
This is temporary and after a week or so of steady non-increasing workouts the fluid will be lost and your scales will show a difference again.

Now you have more muscle mass you will use up more calories at your base metabolic level. So its a win win situation, though with a temporary blip.
Thanks Julie - I know my muscle mass is increasing so need to pay less attention to the scales.

I haven't weighed since I saw the pound gain - think I'll try to not weigh for as long as possible.

I've just moved up to level 3 of the shred and my muscles are feeling it so definitely not weighing.

Got into my bikini yesterday (in the garden) as the weather is so lovely but I have to be honest I didn't feel any slimmer then when I started (17th May).

I'm a bit worried I'm eating too much (and wine) on my non fast days. I tend to have a day (or 2) where I eat around 2000kcals and then another few days where I don't eat over 1500kcals.

Oh well I'm finding this WOE so easy so will continue and try to be patient!!
Hi Claire, how has July been for you? How are you.finding the Couch to 5k? I'd like to start it!
Hi Claire,
Just wondering how tall you are - i'm 5'3 and am about 10st
like you i've lost count of the amount of times i've lost and gained a stone
i'm doing 4:3 in the run up to my holiday (4 weeks) and really hope to lose 7lbs
this weekend is going to be hard for me, normally i drink wine (fri, sat, sun) but aiming for as little alcohol as possible over the weekend!
i've ordered new scales and i'm going to try and weigh myself just once a week - like you i don't want to get obsessive!
hope we both reach our goal!
elle
19 posts Page 2 of 2