The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

19 posts Page 1 of 2
I started the 5:2 diet on Mon (17/6/13) and have done 2 fast days so far (Mon & Weds). Have found it easy so far.

I really hope this is a diet I can finally stick at.

I'm not overweight (9st12lbs) but really want to lost 10-14lbs.

A bit worried because I'm very impatient and usually manage to be super strict on a diet (Dukan, weight watchers) for no more then 3 weeks then end up falling off the wagon big time. And the binge lasts for weeks!! I've lost the same 10lbs and gained it too many times to count. These binges normally go hand in hand with drinking wine! But love a good glass of wine and don't want to stop.

Fingers crossed it all goes well. I've not weighed myself so far (as I will start to get obsessed) but will update shortly.
Hi Claire and welcome, glad your first 2fast days went well.
Basically if I can do this + find it easy to stick with anyone can,
Checkout my stats to se what I mean coz I've never stuck to any diet for to long This one is definitely for me :clover: Sue
Hi Claire, congratulations on starting so well. I am about the same weight as you and have exactly the same goal, around 8st10-9st, right?

I would love to be diet buddies with you, we have less to lose so it will be more stubborn to shift the lbs, but it can be done! :)

I am also a bit too impatient, the only way to do it is to physically not have the scales around. Give them to a friend so you can only go and stand on them once a week. My scales broke, and only one other girl in the flat owns scales so I have to go and ask her and she won't let me use them more than once a week.

Best of luck with the rest of this week, do pm me if you would like to be diet partners (in crime) :)
Thanks guys

Yes I'd love to have a stable weight of under 9st.

You're right about the scales - I will hide them! If I don't get a good loss it makes me want to eat loads and really want to stick to this diet!
Hi Claire, I'm in a similar situation, started 2 weeks ago at 9st 5, I'm now down to 9 stone. That was going to be my goal but I'm going for 8 stone 10 now! Off to las Vegas in 6 weeks so that's my motivation! I'm worried I'm eating all the same type of food and it will get boring, just ordered Slim Pasta online to hopefully give me another option.
Good luck!
Sunnygirl, 5lbs in two weeks, very jealous! Could you give some advice on how you did it please? :)
Also; I am doing 'mini goals' of 3lbs at a time instead of focusing entirely on the main goal weight.

It helps keeps you motivated and you focus on one little step at a time. Every time you hit a mini goal put three pound coins in a jar, then at the end put the money towards buying some new smaller jeans! :)
Slim pasta is great I've been using for a while.

The trick is to rinse really well and then fry (with fry light etc) for around 5 mins - dries the pasta / noodles out and makes them better to eat :-)
Feeling a bit guilty as although I completed my fast days as planned I have had a major blowout with food on Thurs and Fri (got promotion at work).

Roughly counted kcals and was over (not by a lot) 2000kcals both days. I wasn't particularly active on either day so I probably shouldn't have gone over 1800kcals.

I know you're supposed to be allowed to eat what you want on non-fast day but worried I won't lose anything at this rate!!

Any advise appreciated :-)
Just a wee note of caution - this WOE does work, but it is absolutely not a quick fix! Try to curb your impatience and you'll find you can stick to this lifestyle without falling off the wagon bigtime as you normally do. Don't worry about going a bit over your 2000 cals the 2 fast days will help to rectify that. it takes most of us a bit of time but what usually happens is after a few fasts your appetite and tastes "reset" and that is the real beauty of this WOE. Good luck and be patient! :clover:
Thought I'd update my progress.

I'm loving this WOE - suits me so well. I find it easy to eat 500kcals on 2 days knowing I can eat freely the next day.

I'm lost 3lbs so far (2 weeks).

Also started to find 'feed' days easier, not binging - eating healthy (with a few treats).

Also have started the 30 shred (7 days so far) and am loving this also. Up to level 2 and starting to feel more toned (whoop!).

I am finding other people's cynical comments annoying though! You can't survive on that amount of food etc - I feel great!
When I get the 'you can't survive on that' comments my replies usually consist of me looking over my shoulder and commenting that I can't see the dead body. Or that Many Muslim people have two fasts a week from puberty for the rest of their life. It doesn't seem to harm them.
The results will speak for themselves. Eventually there may come a day when you will be telling your Great grandchildren that when you were young everyone was told that they had to eat 3 meals a day every day, and get shocked gasps in response.
clairelou5 wrote: Feeling a bit guilty as although I completed my fast days as planned I have had a major blowout with food on Thurs and Fri (got promotion at work).

Roughly counted kcals and was over (not by a lot) 2000kcals both days. I wasn't particularly active on either day so I probably shouldn't have gone over 1800kcals.

I know you're supposed to be allowed to eat what you want on non-fast day but worried I won't lose anything at this rate!!

Any advise appreciated :-)

Yes, carry on where you left off.
Further update on progress.

Still enjoying this WOE. I haven't weighed yet this week but am planning to weigh Fri morn (fingers crossed) but am feeling slimmer and have been doing 30 day shred (muscle weighs more than fat) so will try not to get discouraged if the weigh in isn't great.

However, I'm hopeful did 4:3 last week and am doing the same this week. Am also keeping track of my kcals on 'feed' days (usually around 1500kcals).

I'm on holiday from next Friday but am planning on doing 16:8 as much as possible.

Actually looking forward to getting home and continuing 5:2 long term until I reach my goal.

Feeling very positive at the moment - this WOE is so right for me (and my emotional / binge eating self!)
Weighed this morning and have put on a pound - very weird as feel slimmer! And it's not my scales as they are new (and quite expensive).

However, I've been doing the 30 day shred and feel more toned so it could be that. Also from reading other the posts on this website I notice that it's normal for the weight loss to go up and down (even though waist gets slimmer).

Felt very annoyed for about an hour this morning but am starting to feel more positve now.......

'Feed' day today - not feeling hungry at all so will be eating healthy today. Did 30 day shred this morn and will go for a run later (NHS couch to 5k podcast).

Hopefully the weight loss will show the next time I weigh.
19 posts Page 1 of 2