The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

663 posts Page 36 of 45
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 45 Next
Hi Fatdog. It's been nice to catch up with your posts this morning. Looks like you are certainly in maintenance land and possibly even enjoying it! Well done. :like:
Thanks, FatDog. I should also point out that when I was last 12 pounds heavier (June 11, according to the omniscient Progress Tracker) I was also definitely not a heffalump.

However, you have reminded me that through much of my son's adolescence, we privately referred to him as Eeyore, as the tone of his voice and most of his sentiments were very Eeyore-like.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
"Why, what's the matter?"
"Nothing, Pooh Bear, nothing. We can't all, and some of us don't. That's all there is to it."
"Can't all what?" said Pooh, rubbing his nose.
"Gaiety. Song-and-dance. Here we go round the mulberry bush."
Sulking, big time...
27 Jan 2014, 22:43
... normal service will (I hope) be resumed shortly (once this premier grade huff with myself / life wears off)... xxx FatDog
I'm glumming not glamping...
29 Jan 2014, 16:39
... glum glum glum ...

I've not entered my spreadsheet log properly since Friday - or tracker even, for goodness sake - nor worked-up any recipes, and the longer I leave it the worse it's going to get (tempted to just write the four days off, but my OCD is screaming at just the *thought* of that!). It's all written down, of course. Glum. Monday's repair day didn't happen. Glum. Weight is at top of maintenance acceptable range. Glum.

Seem to have a really bad dose of spreadsheet logging-fatigue. I suspect that this is partially because I'm wondering why on earth I'm putting effort into something that has limited feedback and isn't obviously useful - though I thought folk would find it so, and it has helped keep me on the straight and narrow, I suppose. The kitchen table is slowly disappearing under the back-logged pile of nutrition labels that I need to key in - which I don't mind doing for recipe stuff, but for just tracking my intake it is getting *tiresome*. Tempted to take a holiday from it for a week, but there's a very real danger that I wouldn't re-start.

And I don't want to cook anything, because that would just add another recipe work-up to the backlog, but am stricken with guilt at the idea of letting nice fresh veggies go soggy. And I need to somehow get through today as a repair day; though I'm tempted to take a holiday from repair days too, for a week - now there's a slippery slope.

Whimper.

Maybe I should dump the guilt and curl up with Cotter's Wild Garlic to escape for a wee while? @Izzy I'm so wanting to go to Cafe Paradiso too but - ouch - Dinner, B&B for 100 euros... You can work there though as a student chef... mmmm... sadly don't think I'd make it in a professional kitchen!
@FatDog you are appreciated even if not everyone says thank you for all your hard work! I don't know how you find the time to type all that you do....it's amazing and thank you. :heart: Please don't be glum. :bugeyes:
I noticed you'd gone to ground but didn't want to pester you. I'm glum too.... I'm sticking to my plans but my weight isn't behaving and today I was a whole pound UP on yesterday.... even tho yesterday was a low-carb/stick to calorie allowance day. Perhaps we need a glum tent? xxx
It is natural to have winter blues so give yourself a week or two off. Once the days stretch a bit and the daffodils poke through it will all be much easier again. Hope you find your mirth again soon.
Awww *hugs* Fatdog. :heart: I understand the logging fatigue and have been surprised and thankful that you have kept up your logging and blogging for the benefit of all of us. You have shown us that being veg doesn't mean you have to fill up on carb. You've also opened my eyes on the many flavorful cheeses and the wonderful combinations. In America, we have access to loads of cheeses from all around the world but I never knew what to do with them other than eat them "straight". While, I haven't actually followed any recipe to the letter (never have with any recipe ;) ), you have given me many wonderful ideas of what to do with the veg that needed using in the bottom of my own fridge. Thank you very much for expanding my foodie horizons without expanding my body. :)
FatDog, so many of us love and appreciate your posts and your dry humour so please keep posting and regaling us with your foodie delights! After reaching your target you are bound to feel now what? but this is a new stage on your journey so just re-start whenever your mojo feels right! x
Aw, thanks @Auriga and @callyanna and @Nessie and @Betsysgr8 and @Domane - I love doing the blog and recipes bit, they're not (usually) a bind at all... it's my "log" (invisible to all except the summary of my intake that I do) that I'm finding an unreasonable bind / grind just now... I'd just like to be working with dollops and pinches rather than mls and grams for a bit.

Sample day:

Though half the figures have fallen off the end of the image - you'd need to open the image in a tab to see it all... sigh
Aw Fatdog, you sound sooooo despondent.
Your journey through the low carb veggiedom has inspired so many of us. It must have taken so much effort to keep all the records and data info going.
Can you give yourself permission to have a wee break from info and be kind to yourself?
And then please come back?
Hope the glums bugger off soon
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear..........it is January and a lot of us get the New Year blues. I'm having a bit of a stressful time myself, for no reason just thought it would make a change to stress me instead of others, so, come old girl, lets see that happy waggy tail going again, you don't have to write acres of stuff for us, although we all love it, just relax and enjoy what everyone else is up to and come back to it all when you are feeling better about things and can
BEHAVE YOURSELF
don't forget we know a woman, not a million posts from here, who has a wet fish looking for a head to smack :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
Fatdog Fatdog! {{{+}}} we love you for all your work and detailed information and completely understand your burned-out jag. Fret ye not hen, it's time for a step back, admire your handy work with pride and know it's a job well done.
Now, breathe and ... Relax.

All will be well :0)
Blimey @Fatdog !! It's an extra tough challenge you've set yourself there! Not only doing the fasting thing, but undertaking all the experimentation, working out, shopping, cooking for neighbours and friends, scouring of charity shops for cook-books, pondering, growling, tail wagging, research, note taking, posting late-at-night, posting support onto others threads, and all in that very considered, inimitable and humorous way that is *instantly* recognisable ....

Dogged is not the word, you remind me of our long-passed and loved Scottish Terrier - for steadfastness, application, persistence, character - and also boldness, stubbornness and sheer bloodymindedness! You have kept this up for more than SIX MONTHS, which must be a record in itself ...

So give yourself a break, go out tomorrow and search out your latest *want* on that ever growing cook-book list and ... BUY IT, take it home, tell OH or whichever of your friends and neighbours are around, that you are TAKING THE NIGHT OFF, curl up in your basket, and read and relax ...

Otherwise it will be Silverdarling's multiple wet fishes raining down, which I can assure you will be a lot worse than @janeg's one big wet one!!!!

:like: :heart: :like: :heart: :like: :heart:
I'm eternally grateful for the cracker recipe, and discovering flaxeed via you, and most of all learning from methodical approach to experimenting and recording. Please go easy on yourself, whether you decide to take a break, or carry on with the (massive) task you've undertaken
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 45 Next
663 posts Page 36 of 45