The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

11 posts Page 1 of 1
SVZEE's Journal
27 Jun 2013, 18:29
Think it would be a good idea to start a journal for accountability and also as a place to keep track of everything :)

A bit (ok, a lot lol) of background info on me-

Name-Sara
Height-5ft, 6 in
CW-127lbs this morning
GW-120lbs/19.4 bmi (lower end of the healthy range for my height)

Where I've been:
well, last October I weighed 171lbs and decided to do alternate day IF (3-4 low calorie fasting days a week). Worked brilliantly and called goal in March. Transitioned to maintenance and continued to lose a few more pounds as I got away from fasting days and instead tried 8:16 IF with a two meal/no snacking format. Got down to 125lbs and then my weight stabilized. Thought I had found my maintenance sweet spot, but over the past few weeks my weight has started to creep up and I'm now at 127lbs :dazed:

So, I've decided to get back into low calorie/fasting days to lose the creep and also to lose a few more pounds. Looking at getting to around 120lbs, which would be a loss of 7lbs from where I am right now. I thought about doing alternate day IF again, but I'm not in any hurry to lose the last few pounds, so 5:2 looks to be a better fit for me now.

So, kicking things off with my first fasting days in several months today :grin: Starting out I'm tracking my calories on mfp, to see where I'm at for my feasting days. I'd like to get to the point where I'm only tracking on my fasting days though. To figure feasting day calorie numbers I did a TDEE calculator with 5 days of exercise, since I walk/run 2 miles a day during the week. That gave me a TDEE of 2,135 for my feasting days. That seems pretty high, so we'll see how it goes!

Also, I'm aiming for 500-600 calories on my fasting days, instead of a strict 500 calories. That's because I refuse to count calories in veggies so I may go over a bit with my big salads :lol: If it becomes an issue I'll tweak this.

Here I go! My goal is to lose 7lbs and then figure out maintenance!
Re: SVZEE's Journal
27 Jun 2013, 18:35
Hello again!
My we're busy posters aren't we? I think you might enjoy reading posts from Franglaise and Ballerina, as they are both maintaining now, and Franglaise didn't have a lot of weight to lose either - and lost it pretty quickly!
27 Jun 2013, 18:43
Hi there!

I'm wondering if you have any ideas as to why the weight has crept back on?This is critical for all of us! Do you think you may have slightly increased your calorie intake? Could you have decreased your activity level (all activity not just actual exercise, so fidgeting, walking round the house etc)?
27 Jun 2013, 19:13
carorees wrote: Hi there!

I'm wondering if you have any ideas as to why the weight has crept back on?This is critical for all of us! Do you think you may have slightly increased your calorie intake? Could you have decreased your activity level (all activity not just actual exercise, so fidgeting, walking round the house etc)?

I wondered about exercise-I've recently started training for my first 5K and started running for the first time ever. This is slowly replacing my 2 mile walks. But, I now have a gut :shock: which I haven't had in at least 2 months-weird! I know exercise can cause weight loss to stall, but I haven't heard of it causing weight gain, except when someone is doing strength training and bulking. I know new exercise can cause water weight retention, but I would expect that in my legs, not stomach area. And it's been a few weeks now since I've started, so I'd think it would have calmed down by now, if that's what was causing the scale to go up?

I'm curious to see what happens when I add fasting days back in!
27 Jun 2013, 19:16
dhana wrote: Hello again!
My we're busy posters aren't we? I think you might enjoy reading posts from Franglaise and Ballerina, as they are both maintaining now, and Franglaise didn't have a lot of weight to lose either - and lost it pretty quickly!

I'm stuck home all day with a sick kid, so being online is my sanity saver right now lol. I'll check out those members for ideas-thanks!
28 Jun 2013, 12:05
June 28-

Well, my fasting day ended up being a bit higher than I had wanted, ending at around 700 calories. But, still not too bad for getting back into it, after a few months of not doing fasting days :)

I am a daily weigher, but will only count Fridays as my official weigh in day-this will be after my second fasting day of the week.

The scale went from 127lbs to 125.5lbs this morning yay! But, it's very puzzling to me-was my body hanging onto water weight for several weeks, for some reason? That's almost all of the creep I've had-so weird! But anyways, moving on from here and now 5.5lbs away from my new goal weight. I'd like to get down to 120 and then have my maintenance range be 120-122lbs (on Fridays).

This weekend is going to be a busy one! We have relatives from three different states coming in to visit and celebrate a wedding on Saturday and a 60th anniversary on Sunday. There will be lots of food around and I will eat some treats, like a piece of wedding cake, but I will also try to be sensible about it :)

I'm debating about tracking my feasting day calories and I think I probably should, as least once or twice a week to get a feel for where I'm at. So planning on tracking today since this weekend it will be too hard. I did a TDEE calculator and got around 2,135 calories but then I did the calculator on freedieting.com and it gave me a smaller number, at 1,893-both with five days of exercise (walking/running 2 miles on week days). I'm going to try the smaller number and see what happens, but again I'm only going to track a couple times a week so my non-tracking days may be less or more.

ETA: just saw that this site gives me a TDEE number-so cool! Of course it's different than the other two numbers I got lol. But, it's right in the middle so I'm going to aim for that on my feasting days :grin:
30 Jun 2013, 13:10
Wedding reception last night and the food was lacking. Didn't eat as much as I had planned, but ended up doing a BK drive through on the way home and getting a whopper jr (no fries). Didn't weight myself this morning, but my stomach had no bloat, so pretty happy about that!

Tonight's another family get together but my daughter is now sick so I'll be skipping that-may have my husband bring me home some leftovers though lol.
01 Jul 2013, 10:47
Fasting day today and I'm looking forward to it! I already got a bit of exercise in (walking/running), and we're heading out to the zoo this morning, so more walking :) Might do strength training this afternoon (Mark Lauren's program), if I can fit it in.

Food plan-

2 hard boiled eggs with salt
3 cups diet hot cocoa with Davinci 0 raspberry syrup
4 ounces wild caught salmon, with seasoning
salad with lettuce, tomato, fat free Italian dressing and two ounces of locally made cheese grated on top

Coming in at around 460 calories for the day!
06 Jul 2013, 12:34
Well, last week ended up being a crazy blur of extended family get togethers, and then last minute camping for July 4th. LOTS of food (cake, cake and more cake lol). I ended up not doing any fasting days after all and ate way to much food-ah well, it was a fun week so it's all good :) The scale is up to 128.5lbs this morning-ouch! Obviously not a real gain but I'm dealing with some major bloat right now. Period started too, so that's affecting the scale a bit too. Today I'm doing a fasting day, just to help offset the week and then on Monday I'll get back to my normal Monday/Thursday fasting schedule.
06 Jul 2013, 14:02
Monday & Thursdays are good days to fast, all the best getting back into the swing of it all Sara
06 Jul 2013, 16:32
gillymary wrote: Monday & Thursdays are good days to fast, all the best getting back into the swing of it all Sara

Thanks!
11 posts Page 1 of 1