The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

20 posts Page 1 of 2
5:24evr's Progress
03 Jul 2013, 15:36
This is my ninth week, 19th fast and what I'm wondering is, can we fast away into nothing?
My trend line in Excel (below) shows me as underweight by Dec 31. Now of course before then I plan to go to "maintenance" (whatever that means!) but I'm wondering if anyone knows what would happen if someone stayed on 5:2 indefinitely?

image.jpg
Re: 5:24evr's Progress
06 Jul 2013, 15:42
End of week nine and during this week I weighed in under 160 (72.5kg). I can't say when is the last time I saw this weight since I hadn't had a scale in years but I will ask my doctor.

Yesterday I had what I feared would be a huge setback....made cookies with my niece with homemade buttercream frosting and melted chocolate. And we ate so much....raw dough, raw frosting, cookies...the works! I counted it as "lunch" then forced down a quesadilla for dinner.

I felt awful last night, almost like a hangover. But the scales were kind this morning...only 0.1lb gain from yesterday.

I've been considering giving up sugar and this may have been the push over the edge!

Looking forward to week 10!
06 Jul 2013, 15:50
Certainly only teeny amounts of counted in sugar is much better than what has been normal amounts, and it's good to be losing that need for it too.
On fast days I have no refined carbs e.g. Bread, sugar, cake etc; also no caffeine e.g. Coffee or tea; no salt, as these inhibit fat loss it seems.
On feed days I'm aiming to keep the carbs to no more than 35%, protein to 30% and the rest as good fats e.g. Coconut oil.
If I ever get down to 10stone and decide to maintain at that I'll let you know!
06 Jul 2013, 16:26
Azureblue, my plan is roughly similar to yours...I usually eat very few processed carbs and I never drink soda, or any caffeinated beverage. Also I don't drink alcohol. Those were my habits before starting 5:2. I'm sure it makes my feast days easier than for others since I am tempted by less!

I've read a lot on here about coconut oil but haven't taken the $10 plunge yet. Does cooking wit it make your house smell like coconut?
06 Jul 2013, 20:49
Hi! Haven't cooked it yet as OH not keen but do use coconut butter to spread instead of margarine; coconut oil on my hair and skin feels lovely. I've made toothpaste with the oil mixed with baking soda and that feels good in my mouth, tastes different but ok.
It is crazy expensive, seems amazingly useful natural product.
13 Jul 2013, 14:41
End of week 10 and had a 1.5lb increase this week. Also, had my first liquid only fast this week. Nothing jumps out at me as a cause for the increase and one week does not a pattern make so i will just keep on.

This week I finally noticed the weight loss in my face; in fact I was startled to see my cheekbones again. Hello!

Off today for a haircut and new (smaller) jeans!
13 Jul 2013, 18:23
New jeans. How lovely :) your attitude to the slight increase in weight is very refreshing. Wish I could be so positive. Last week I gained over 3lbs and started panicking. weight disappeared as quick as it arrived but was worried though xx
13 Jul 2013, 19:25
Snap! Odd isn't it, the heat wave has been suggested as encouraging water retention.
Onward and downward anyway, eventually, hopefully.
13 Jul 2013, 19:32
Thanks guys!

The knowledge I've gained from this forum has allowed me to chill. Plus I'm a daily weighed so I knew this was coming.
13 Jul 2013, 20:46
I did not really weigh myself officially but I have gained. I am sure it is not fat as I have been avoiding carbs and sugar and never over ate. I am putting it to stress. As much as I am a tad frustrated over the situation I am over the noon when I put on my gap shorts size US 2. Now I dont have any hips or ass thus enabling me to fit into pants that was made without these acknowledging the wonderful hips and ass some lucky females has.

Next week is fast as usual 2 days and on Friday I'll do a Brad Pilon fast.
13 Jul 2013, 23:59
Aina, it really is about how the clothes fit. Now, for me to get into a US2 you would have to cut off one of my legs, but I'm thrilled that I came home with a 29/34 pair of Levi's!

I may throw in another fast day tomorrow (which would make this a 4:3 week). I've read on here that it doesn't speed up weight loss but I'm heading into a long week with lots of free food and won't be able to fast until Thursday.
15 Jul 2013, 12:09
5:24evr? wrote: Aina, it really is about how the clothes fit. Now, for me to get into a US2 you would have to cut off one of my legs, but I'm thrilled that I came home with a 29/34 pair of Levi's!

I may throw in another fast day tomorrow (which would make this a 4:3 week). I've read on here that it doesn't speed up weight loss but I'm heading into a long week with lots of free food and won't be able to fast until Thursday.

Its like me and tops. I would need to cut off my ribs (they are HUGE) and saw off my tits to fit into anything smaller then a size UK 12 even when I was skinny!

I am an emotional eater and this woe is making me face my demons eye to eye!! I gave up looking at the scales seriously and rather work on why I eat the way I do.
20 Jul 2013, 18:19
I'm ending week 11 with a 4.3 pound loss. Do i believe i lost 4.3 pounds in one week? No way!

Last week I had a 1.5 pound gain so if we decide to ignore that number and assume I lost my usual 1.5 then this week is just another usual 1.5 loss. Just a guess but it makes sense to me.

This week I tried another 36 hour liquid only fast and it didn't go very well. I was fine all day but after I went to bed I awoke many times dizzy and nauseated. The feeling abated slightly when I ate (long before 36 hours) but has since developed into a cold.

I have no idea if the two are related but so far I am 1/3 when it comes to completed 36 hour liquid only fasts.

Other than that I am delighted to see such a low number on the scale, even though I'm fairly certain I won't see it again for a while....I read on here (I think @carorees excellent scales thread) that it may be two weeks before you see the low number a second time and that has held true with me so far this month.

I got plenty of compliments (saw people this week who havent seen me in a few months) so the new clothes, new hair, new body and new self esteem were totally worth it!
27 Jul 2013, 14:45
End of week 12...

No liquid fasts this week; I haven't liked them very much but may try again later. This week I can fully cross my legs again and even wrap the top foot behind the crossed leg (like the eagle yoga pose but in the legs rather than the arms).

I'm super stoked by this "achievement" because not being ble to cross my legs was one of those undeniable signs of having gained too much weight.

My first mini-goal, being back to the weight I imagined I was, should be here on about 2 weeks. My ultimate goal, fitting back into the dress pants I wore when I interviewed for my job in 2006, may still be a way's off.

Next week is a travel week for me. I will miss my scales! A week without data points for my trend line....
28 Jul 2013, 14:41
Azureblue wrote: Hi! Haven't cooked it yet as OH not keen but do use coconut butter to spread instead of margarine; coconut oil on my hair and skin feels lovely. I've made toothpaste with the oil mixed with baking soda and that feels good in my mouth, tastes different but ok.
It is crazy expensive, seems amazingly useful natural product.

I have used coconut oil for cooking things in the pan instead of regular oil.. it does give food a little sweetness but it's not overpowering. I think Amazon has some good deals on it with free shipping if you search. Also, Trader Joe's now sells coconut oil cooking spray! They also say if you eat two tablespoons of it a day it can help with weight loss because it's a healthy fat, but I tried it and just didn't like it too much, but I could probably get used to it. another way to ingest it is to put a teaspoon in your morning coffee :)
20 posts Page 1 of 2