The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

58 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: Minum's musings
23 Jul 2013, 16:08
Another loss this week - hurrah. I'm doing low-carb seriously during the week, which I think is helping - I definitely feel great on it.

I have been weighing myself in kilos - partly to fit in with the rest of the family, and to make calculating BMI easier on a spreadsheet. But as I'm within view of being 9 stone something now, I've switched to Stones/pounds so I can watch it arrive :cool:
15 Oct 2013, 06:27
Well, since I last posted on here, I've been bouncing backwards and forwards on the same weight. I blame my holiday - 10 days in Greece, which was lovely, but seemingly completely wrecked my progress.

However, this morning I've seen a good loss, and I think the tide is turning, and I'm back on losing, hopefully. Interestingly I was doing all the things suggested to break a plateau, low carb, a bit of 16:8, NEAT and some liquid fasts, and some feast days to mix it up, but the plateau persisted. I think its because this is the lowest weight I've been for a very long time. I dipped a bit lower after my father died in 2001, but other than that, this is lower than my weight from my mid-twenties on-wards. So no wonder my body is taking some getting used to it !
15 Oct 2013, 06:37
Hi there Min(!).
I have bee watching your progress on line, very impressive. Those charity shops are fantastic for giving and receiving aren't they?! I hope to be donating some of mine at some point! I was wondering how tall you are as your weight loss seems to be what I am hoping to achieve, although as I haven't seen you in the short tent, I suspect you may be a little taller than 5'3"!!!

Debs
15 Oct 2013, 06:49
Hi Debs

I'm exactly 5"3 ! My first goal is to be 63kg, which I think takes me just under 25 BMI, then eventually hopefully hover just under 60kg, but I dont think I've been that since uni !

I'll go and pop in the short tent now - I've been meaning to put my head round for a while
22 Jan 2014, 07:48
Mmmm. I now see from my Tracker why my October posting above was my last one, I have been slowly steadily increasing on my weekly weigh in since then : :frown: :frown:

But this morning I have recorded my first loss for 3 months :grin: So my whole NY, low carb, 10k steps, 16:8 thing is starting to take effect. Hurrah :grin: :grin: Now all I need to do is actually stick to it :razz:
22 Jan 2014, 07:57
Well done - patience and perseverance have paid off! X
22 Jan 2014, 07:57
I just started reading through your thread from the beginning and how interesting to see that you said that you were struggling with 5 2 and not losing any weight when you first started - and look at how much you've lost now! Proves that sticking with it really does work. Congrats! :-)
22 Jan 2014, 08:46
I too have been following yours since the beginning, and I feel that I can see some light having seen the impressive effort you have made given we are nearly the same height!! You only have an inch on me!!
25 Feb 2014, 07:56
Hurrah Hurray and celebrations ! 63.7kg this morning - back to my all time low in October. So I can officially say I am on the way down again.

I'll put this down to ;

Trying really hard to put in my 10k steps per day
Low Carb - and managing to stick to it at the weekend, as well as mid-week
16:8 for at least 3 days a week

Can't wait to break my fast with Eggs Benedict this morning (no muffin !)
25 Feb 2014, 12:09
Congratulations! Glad you finally got this to work for you. I'm losing slowly right now, but working on it. Did you find that C25K helped?
25 Feb 2014, 13:19
I've only done my second C25k run today, so early days, but I am optimistic it will burn a few hundred calories, a few times a week, and keep me motivated and cheerful, especially running in the sunshine this morning :cool:
26 Feb 2014, 01:25
Oh, I meant when you did it last year!
26 Feb 2014, 20:12
Hey @Minumonline - Keep running, even if you have to walk now and then :)
:like: :like: :like:
58 posts Page 4 of 4