The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

31 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Winsome's Winding Road
10 Mar 2014, 11:28
Hope you're soon feeling much better Winsome. Look after yourself and start eating some nourishing, healthy food asap to aid your recovery x
04 Apr 2014, 08:17
:oops: Apparently, I'm no better at keeping an online diary than I am a paper one :oops:

I'm not setting the world on fire with my weight loss, but I'm feeling in control and with nearly a week of the Easter holidays under my belt, I can say that having the children off school and their friends around the place needn't derail the fasting process. My tactic on fasting days if I want to sit with them at lunch is to have a bowl of veg or salad. They know that I normally have vegetable soup, so with the warmer weather, they have readily accepted the explanation that I fancy something lighter :wink: We often eat evening meals at different times due to their activities and hubby getting home at 8pm, but I've been mostly eating with them on feast days and with hubby on fast days unless my meal is one they would like to share, such as HD curry tonight. Cunning? Me? :grin:

On the clothes front, I was thrilled yesterday to slip into a dress bought two years ago, a few months after I reached my SW target weight :grin: What's more, it fits better now!
04 Apr 2014, 09:22
Love the title!
And well done handling so well having the girls around..and that dress fitting better! X
Ps its lovely now we've seen yr pic, i can imagine you in my mind...i had a totally different pic in my head..thought you wd have short dark hair and be tall! Maybe with glasses!
07 Apr 2014, 08:15
@candicemarie Isn't it funny how we get these ideas in our heads? I'm certainly not tall, my hair is naturally a ratty shade of mouse, and I do wear glasses for long distance such as the cinema or driving. So you were halfway there :lol:
10 Apr 2014, 09:41
Found an old SW record card when I was tidying some papers yesterday. Scary, but positive in a way.

In January 2010 when I joined SW I weighed 14st 11 (207 lbs) :bugeyes:

There's never been a day since where I weighed that much. Thank goodness.

I'm forty now. If I keep control of my weight from now, I could have more years of my life where I'm a nice size and a reasonably healthy weight (even if not in the BMI range) than I've had where I was very overweight or obese. That's a nice and encouraging thought :smile:
10 Apr 2014, 11:00
Good for you! I agree, hopefully if I can finally get this weight under control, I can keep it that way for the rest of my life. I'm 44. I do wish I'd done a better job keeping it in control when I was younger though! Looks like you are doing great!
10 Apr 2014, 14:56
Isn't it nice to look back and realize you're on track?! Congratulations @Winsome :victory:
15 Apr 2014, 13:35
I just realised that I missed my fastiversary!

Definitely not a whole year of fasting - I took a big chunk of time out - but I'm still here a year after discovering 5:2 :like: I'm 17 lbs lighter, and financially at least £250 better off than I wold have been if I'd been attending a slimming club! I call that a modest but significant achievement overall :smile:
15 Apr 2014, 14:06
Well done @Winsome :heart: - Happy Fastiversary!!! :victory: :victory: :victory:
15 Apr 2014, 14:20
Well done winny! X
17 Apr 2014, 19:05
Wohooo, Big Gratz @Winsome! One year is a great commitment!
14 May 2014, 15:51
So, another month down and feeling pretty good. It's been a tough time recently and I'm pretty certain a less flexible diet would have been abandoned along the way. I've stuck mostly with the ADF, drifted into 4:3 when required, and above all neither quit completely nor beaten myself up when life got in the way. This is what I do now, it's as simple as that.

Today was great. I have a big fancy dress party to go to at the end of the month. I had come up with a costume idea (the theme is alter egos) and ordered various bits to make it. The main costume has arrived today and I'm really chuffed that not only does it for, but I will have to take it in a bit. It's a tad risqué but I've had approval from friends and hubby following a dress rehearsal :wink: Feels good :smile:

11.9 this morning. Time for a new number and I'm quite determined to get one by the end of the month.
14 May 2014, 16:57
Thought it was about time I congratulate you @Winsome. I think it's an incredible achievement that you've stuck with this way of eating (and losing weight) for over a year! :shock: can I ask? What's the longest you'd stuck to a "diet" before this wonderful way?

:confused:
14 May 2014, 17:53
Probably about two years, on and off @nursebean it took me that long to reach my target weight with SW, but I had breaks and long periods where I was gaining not losing or playing tag with the same five lbs. The crucial difference is that I wanted the diet to be over and EXPECTED it to be over at some point. With this, it's for life. Of course I wish I never had to watch my food intake, but I accept that this utopian situation is never going to happen lol.
14 May 2014, 18:30
Had to go and look up EOD, which took me through a whole thread but with you now!
31 posts Page 2 of 3