The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

6 posts Page 1 of 1
http://www.femmeactuelle.fr/minceur/regimes-guide/regime-5-2-02583

This is a French article about some 5:2

I say "some" because it's said that the people who began this diet are Dr Michelle Harvie, a dietetician and professor Tony Howell, (oncology), both do research at prevention of breast cancer center in the U.K

So you can imagine my surprise reading that.... :shock: :confused:
Sorry but I don't get why you are confused? its an interesting article with different views, nothing we didn't already knew really but on the whole quite true!!
I am confused because I never read these names before. Why MM is not mentioned or even Dr Varady ? Who are these people ?
The Harvie diet book appeared after MMs book, based on research in a hospital situation. It is discussed in this forum last spring. Most people here prefer MMs 5:2 to hers which is very prescriptive of foods to be consumed on fasting days...
So it was discussed before I arrived here in June...

Anyway I find this article misleading as it's written as if they were the sole names in this method.....
Yes, it's much discussed in the 5:2 lab, search for Harvie and you'll see our previous discussions. Essentially it's two consecutive days of low carb followed by five days of Mediterranean diet.
6 posts Page 1 of 1