The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Saturated fat to be cut in food products but not sugar -

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... cut-pledge

Implementing changes in the food industry appears to be like turning an oil tanker - they respond very s-l-o-w-l-y. Latest research seems to have already left them behind.
I think that should read "food products to be made unhealthier"!

Health advice is just so far behind the science, it's depressing!
The Radio 4 presenter pointed out that butter had recently been given the green light but the girl sent to give us this latest news sort of fudged a response around it being processed food that needed less saturated fat and more healthy oils. At the end of the article I heard there was a mention that the average sugar consumption in UK is 37 teaspoons a day but I did not pick up any reference to the content in processed food being reduced.

Apparently UK has done very well in the reduction of salt in processed foods though...
Yes I was shouting at the TV this morning, "but what about sugar?" Dr. Alan Maryon Davies finally mentioned it near the end of his piece. I suppose food manufacturers need to keep their profits up by filling their foods with cheap and nasty fats, sugar and chemicals, hence the speed of change. Sugar in bacon drives me insane. Only solution is to not buy processed foods.
So in effect the message is still eat colourful real food, nothing processed, and don't trust The Suits :0O
5 posts Page 1 of 1