The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

25 posts Page 2 of 2
JayeGirl wrote: Thanks, I have downloaded it and had a read through. What's obbsessive to one is normal to another. :wink:
I use My Fitness Pal which is synced to my Jawbone (bot like a Fitbit). I love apps and gadgets so thanks for this.
some of these apps link directly to your scales, if you have the right scales. Since you love gadgets… ;-)
I weigh weekly, currently on Fridays because of the Summer challenge. Personally, I find that because I fast on the same days each week, and weigh myself at the same time each week as well, it gives a true reflection of things. That's just what I'm happy with doing, but it's interesting to see that the majority of people here seem to weigh daily.

Like others have said, I think I'd find daily weigh-ins more beneficial if I was maintaining so I could stop myself slipping into bad habits as soon as possible!
I weigh daily and really don't need an ap to tell me whether I'm up or down-or what the trend is, it's quite obvious! Well to me anyway.
I'm with @Merlin. I weigh daily and I've been doing it long enough to not worry about the daily ups and downs, nor do I use an app to see my trend weight. I do log my weekly weight on the forum tracker.
I have also been hopping onto the scales every morning and over a period of time it's interesting to see the effect of a fast day or a normal day on my actual weight. My weight goes down two days after a fast day and it can go up between 2-3 days after a day of normal eating. I enter my weight on the tracker on a Friday or Saturday each week. Still measuring all food items on kitchen digital scales and 'cups' since 27 April as I've just got used to doing it and now adjusting to maintaining rather than losing I'm slowly increasing portion sizes. Having said that in August I have decided to put away the kitchen scales and record nothing on CC just to see what effect this has - going away on holiday for two weeks in August so just want to have a complete break from recording and analysing everything - and seeing how I'm really managing this new lifestyle.
I'm an app/gadget girl and LOVE to analyse things lol. So fasting has become literally a hobby for me! That's not to say I never stray or gain, I do!

I love the 'true weight' app already! So thanks for that info. I weighed higher after my fast, that happens and like others I lose a day or two later. I record my weight on Saturdays for the summer pledge. But I liked that yesterday true weight said I was lower than the scales, as you would expect after a fast, though scales said... No chance lol. Today it was bang on... Said aI should be 215lbs and I was. So to me it's a 'cool' app that I personally enjoy. Of course I know that I'm going down but I like apps.

I went on holiday and didn't count anything for 10 days. I let my hair down, had dessert every single day lol. But I also had very little other carbs, lots of fresh sakad, veg, meets etc. I also ate breakfast which I don't normally do. I gained 8lbs but I got it off in 2 weeks. I imagine it wasn't all 'fat'. So I think it is good to stop fasting counting etc. Studies show that you should take a couple of weeks off twice a year I believe it said.

The scales cost £150! I won't be buying those lol. I bought new scales just a couple of months ago. I really would love to know my body fat count though!
I weigh daily and use Libra on my android phone. This gives a trend weight which smooths out the ups and downs of weight change following fast days. It can be very reassuring if one has a spuriously high weigh in to see that the trend weight is still lower and vice versa curbs complacency in the face of a spuriously low weigh in.
I also record my Monday weight on the forum tracker because that was the day I started 5:2. This tends to be my highest weight of the week because I fast on Mondays and Wednesdays.
I weighed daily while I was losing the weight, it was a real motivator. Six months into maintenance and I weigh weekly on a Friday morning. For me this means, if I want to see a figure within my maintaining range next Friday (my weekly goal) I need to be mindful and manage my way through the week, using the tools I have learnt. So far this method has worked for me and it's great to feel less governed by scales and more centred around my behaviour and daily choices. If I do fall outside my acceptable maintenance range (and that'll happen at some point) I'll be hot footing it to the scales daily :smile:
Wendy Darling, is this app free?
I've weighed everyday for the last 14 years. I'm positive that it's part of the reason that I've kept off the weight I lost with Weight Watchers 1999-2001.

Strangely enough I only weighed weekly when losing :smile:
25 posts Page 2 of 2