The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

13 posts Page 1 of 1
How to break through a plateau.
02 Feb 2014, 12:41
I found this today about how to break through a plateau. I thought it might be helpful as quite a few of us get stuck from time to time. I hope this isn't a repeat of the link! I tried to see if it had been posted before but couldn't find it. Hope it helps if you're on a plateau right now. :heart:
http://gettingstronger.org/wp-content/p ... dlcg%3D%3D
Thank you for posting that :) I have bookmarked it for when I hit the dreaded plateau :)
Thank you, long article but well worth the read to the end. I've always looked at a plateau as giving the body (and skin!) a chance to get comfortable with the recent changes. :)
Thank you Auriga for this link. It is an interesting & rather wordy article that reminds us really to try & be patient & allow our bodies to have a periodic adjustment to our new weight losses. This is hard to do when we all want to get our weight moving again in this New Year :smile:
Thanks Auriga x
Me too @daydreamer21 bookmarked for futue ref
Sorry to hear of yr probs with yr mum DD..i didnt add anything coz think it had all been said but am thinking of you..hope things work out x
( sorry auriga x)
Thank you very much for that, I shall be doing lots of research today!!
A long but useful article with a detailed plateau-busting technique described in the section beginning with "How does this look in practice?".
Interesting article. I have reached that dreaded plateau since new year and have only managed to lose less than a pound of the couple i put on over xmas. I know i only have minimal to lose til i reach my target but its difficult when each week you weigh yourself and it is the same or slightly higher grr. :confused:

I will persevere however as i dont want to go back to where i started and i carry on with my 5:2 and in between 16:8 I am also doing more at the gym and have started doing Body Pump(weights class) a couple of times a week so im also wondering if the weight thing could also be linked to muscle gain?

Im hoping that in a couple of weeks it will catch up and i will start to see a gradual move again as i feel so much better since starting this WOL :like:
In addition to the article I posted, and it's been said a million times I think, when you think you're on a plateau get the old tape measure out, don't just rely on the scales....you might be amazed. :heart:
Auriga wrote: I found this today about how to break through a plateau. I thought it might be helpful as quite a few of us get stuck from time to time. I hope this isn't a repeat of the link! I tried to see if it had been posted before but couldn't find it. Hope it helps if you're on a plateau right now. :heart:
http://gettingstronger.org/wp-content/p ... dlcg%3D%3D

traditional methods to break through the plateau definitely wont work for us

To break through diet plateaus:

Eat more frequently, don’t skip meals
Eat different foods
Drink more water
Wait it out

the dont skip meals is clearly not consistent with intermittent fasting as i am indeed skipping breakfasts and lunches to get my 16:8 easting window regime in place
Auriga wrote: In addition to the article I posted, and it's been said a million times I think, when you think you're on a plateau get the old tape measure out, don't just rely on the scales....you might be amazed. :heart:

i only ever measure myself every frew months. i think last time was october. good point as I go to look for my measuring tape. just that i have a swollen looking tummy so want to wait till that goes. ... now i go reach for the prunes! :grin:
sorry to be the fly in the ointment, but I actually didn't find this article very interesting - the argument against "set point" was fairly specious, I thought - not that I believe in set point, but the argument just seemed a bit self-referential. And the strategies were also fairly obvious. Sorry to be a wet blanket.
Juliana.Rivers wrote: ... traditional methods to break through the plateau definitely wont work for us

I may be missing something. The author agrees with you. (And later uses IF to break his plateau.)
13 posts Page 1 of 1