The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

18 posts Page 2 of 2
Are fasting diets safe? Is the Pope Catholic? Do bears sh** in the woods? :lol: :lol:
Funny Candice!

I think the diet industry will still flourish, because fasting just might not be for everyone. Everyone is different. There is still so much different information out there about weight loss and what causes weight gain, etc. I read something once that said the best diet is the one that works for you and that you can stick with it. I think that makes a lot of sense. Also, this WOE is not fast for a lot of us. I've lost 11 lbs. in the last 5 1/2 months. But, I think it's more than I've managed in a number of years now. But, some people want it to be faster.

Weight watchers was successful for me years ago and because of it, I know how to eat properly on my non-fast days. But, I'm really happy with this WOE now. But, it remains to be seen if I'll be able to sustain it long term and maintain the weight loss.

It's all very interesting and I do feel like I keep learning more and more about nutrition and weight loss.

As far as MFP telling you, you've eaten too little on fast days, that's just a program that automatically does that, and they have to do that to cover themselves legally. To make sure someone isn't eating that little every day and possibly developing an eating disorder.
Interesting thread. I have read that WW is really hurting financially. Well, I am an IF convert....and will never, ever go back to dieting again.

Someone's comment about not calling what we are doing "fasting" is interesting because I have noticed the same thing: knee-jerk reactions (that's unhealthy) to "I could never do that." But if you call it a "reduced calorie" day or, as Krista Varady calls it, the "Every Other Day Diet," it doesn't sound so intimidating.

Another interesting point I wanted to mention is that a lot of my friends know that I have been doing this and many have asked about it. I have a standard email I send out with links to resources (including this forum, of course!). I have sent it out to about 4 or 5 people, and I think only one has tried it out. I do think that this can be seen as scary or intimidating until you actually start and discover you won't "die" from hunger twice a week. Oh well. I figure if someone gets desperate enough, they might try it.

Happy fasting, friends!
18 posts Page 2 of 2