The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

20 posts Page 1 of 2
I've just seen it on Amazon. Coming out next month!

I'm posting in the description:
Exercise is good for just about everything - you stay fitter, younger, stronger. But how should you exercise? And how much? In this book, Michael Mosley and Peta Bee present the truth about exercise, based on cutting-edge research from the leading sports science team at Loughborough University and other studies from around the world which show that short bouts of high intensity training can be significantly more effective than prolonged periods of low-impact exercise. It is now known that everyone responds differently to exercise. Depending on our DNA, we range from 'super-responders' (viz Olympic athletes) to 'non-responders' (ever felt that you will never get really fit, however much you try?) In Fast Exercise, Dr Mosley (technically a 'non-responder') teams up with health journalist Peta Bee (a 'super-responder') to explain how to improve the way you exercise - whatever your fitness level. They offer practical, user-friendly advice to help you get better results in shorter time, and present a range of short workouts, so there is something which works for everyone.

Hope he has some options that aren't too heavy on the joints as I've still got an on-going knee problem...
Didn`t see the original program, maybe it will be repeated in the new year. Will definately buy the book when it comes out on kindle. Any idea when that might be? At moment enjoying reading Nelson Mandela`s autobiography, but should finish it soon. Seem to have worsening of insomnia syptom recently, especially today as I fasted yesterday. But as long as I stay in bed and don`t go too manic I can cope, ( I hope)!? Found radio yesterday and put it in kitchen, so have been doing short dances while cooking and cleaning. Feeling a bit knackered now, so will get off this machine and try watching some telly. That usually sends me back to sleep, and should at least keep me in bed.
chingola wrote: Didn`t see the original program, maybe it will be repeated in the new year....

You can watch it here:

http://vimeo.com/51836895
I just saw this. MM is so in tune with where im at in the world of good health. i am so getting the book as i want to do HIT badly - my time restriction prevents me doing long walks. and i wont jog or bike ride.

When is it coming out?
Amazon says 19th December, so just in time for the New Year resolutions!
Anyone seen this in the shops. May not be released in Australia yet, so i might go over to Amazon for it.

I woke up this morning to a "summer Radio National" program repeat of "high intensity exercise" .. i might try to dig up the link for it but it reminded me about the book with a similar subject matter.

im only 100k off my target Christmas /Jan weight so next step is fitness so the book might be the next "phase" for me.
with the Steve Boutcher book out now. resources-links-f3/steve-boutcher-20-x-3-method-of-removing-belly-fat-t10629.html

seems interval training or high intensity training is big at the mo

anyone got the 2nd MM book ?
Yea I got Fast Exercise a couple weeks ago - most of the way through already.

It runs pretty similar to the horizon doco but then with the back part of the book about different routines you can do etc
That is the problem with Amazon Kindle one click, I can spend a fortune on books in very short order! Just bought this and will peruse asap. My biggest problem is tryng to do HIT in a tiny room as there is no gym equipment, and there is no way I am going running in 40 degrees :cool: :confused:
TBrewerton wrote:
It runs pretty similar to the horizon doco but then with the back part of the book about different routines you can do etc

I figured that it'd follow the pedigree of the first book, but will buy it anyway in appreciation of the DrMM's efforts.
I got the book yesterday and I think I can adapt it to suit this old lady without too much effort! I enjoyed reading it. I'll see how I get on because I hate exercise, but somehow I might just manage a few short bursts. Worth a try.
I might get the book then.. reviews seem good here.

and yeah. i feel a little bit "loyal" to MM as he has no doubt "saved my life" or let me control my eating behaviour and increase the longevity of my life and people around me.
Got it this morning, looks good so far! Certainly a small amount of interval work did wonders for self & MrsPete last summer so it will be interesting to try a slightly different approach...
Auriga wrote: I got the book yesterday and I think I can adapt it to suit this old lady without too much effort! I enjoyed reading it. I'll see how I get on because I hate exercise, but somehow I might just manage a few short bursts. Worth a try.

I agree with that sentiment Auriga & also am exercise phobic but I have just bought the book hoping my OH & I may be able to do some.
I've bought the book on amazon kindle. It's a very interesting read so far! I have to admit that I really didn't think that a workout that totalled 5mins would do anything but I was wrong. I really did give it some during the 2x20sec intense cycling and wow did my legs ache after! During the evening I found myself feeling as if I had done an exercise class, not a really intense exercise class but I could definitely feel it. I would recommend the book/exercise regime because for 5mins work you really feel it!
20 posts Page 1 of 2