The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

26 posts Page 1 of 2
Sorry but your wrong about 5:2
21 Jan 2014, 23:06
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 70580.html

I apologise if anyone has put up this link before. Maybe we should direct him to our forum so he can see that 5:2 and 4:3 does work. :smile:
:heart: Oh dear not again more negative publicity total crap!!!!
But my OH would read & believe all of it :shock:
That's what I'm up against thanks for the link @wineoclock
@SueQ, Im sorry your OH is negative about fasting, surely he can see your amazing results. The author did say the only way to lose weight was to eat less, well doh thats what were doing.
:heart: Yes he's a cute rocking puss!!

My OH can obviously see my changes both in size +shape and also my fitness levels reappearing he's very encouraging and supportive BUT he does believe all this rubbish he reads regarding these "experts" so I still don't tell him what he doesn't want to hear which is sad he knows I'm calorie counting and because that's the old fashioned way to lose weight well the only way in his eyes,
I always said I'd come completely clean sometime soon and sit him down and show him the horizon programme but just as I'm about to hey presto another article, so I'm taking the cowards way but also saying (proudly) look at all the differences I've made in less than a year well no one can doubt the physical change in front of them
50lbs Lighter!!! no not even my dearest OH. :heart:
Hi I read that online this morning here in Oz - and would have to agree it's totally wrong.

That is exactly what my daughter would love to read and pick up on bit like your husband @Sue.Q- something negative about why I should not be doing this WOE and because I am missing out on breakfast, shock horror!!!

If I feel like breakfast, I will have it, if I don't, I won't!

I have lost 5kg the last few weeks, it doesn't show yet, but I can already feel the benefits, perhaps when I lose another 5-10kg people will notice, but not my daughter!

I am determined to keep going not just for the weight loss but for the health benefits, being Diabetic2 - it's important.

cheers Maggie. :smile: :smile: :smile:
He says that most diets make it harder to eat and that's why you lose weight on them. But, the Fast diet is actually the opposite. It makes it easier for you to eat most days!

I know it's calories in vs. calories out, but unfortunately there really is so much more to it than that.

I had heard that the best diet is the one that works for you (or that you can stick with) and that totally makes sense! And this one is easy for a lot of us to stick with!
Why do papers publish such nonsense!
Yes, totally agree, MaryAnn, so easy to stand on the sidelines & snipe - much harder to show your vulnerabilities & try it for yourself, like MM. Is this newspaper a total rag in other ways? It doesn't seem so "independent" - in terms of checking out the evidence, rather than taking the cynics' (or cowards') path to the status quo.
@cblasz you put it in a nutshell..too true x
@SueQ I'm glad you OH is supportive of your achievements but it must be so so hard not to tell him exactly how you are doing it. You are so enthusiastic about it on here and a huge inspiration for us all. I'm lucky that hubby is doing it too and is very enthusiastic. He has asked me to buy a few of the fast diet books so he has them on hand to give to some people he knows. He even sent one to his sister who luckily didn't throw it at him but is now fasting too.
I'm always so suspicious about these kind of articles and reckon the diet industry are behind it!! No money to be made in IF..... oh, unless you create little sachets of rubbish to pass off as food!! Makes me quite angry, or am I just feeling defensive?!!
I can tell my hubby is sick of hearing me talk about 5:2 - I can see his eyes glazing over- and his doing the 5:2 with me!!! Not interested in talking about it but will humour me for a while. He just gets on and does it. Thank God for you guys!!!
My hubby and I are doing 5:2 for the past 8 months. No complaints from his side. The success of this diet is because you can eat anything you like on other days and not miss any particular food except for the diet days. I for one have never before been able to lose more than 2 kilos and go on a diet for more than a months getting more kilos back in a shorter time. I will not touch any other diet that says eat this food with that or omits any food from diet. I keep thanking Dr MM every day and my son for informing me about his program 8 months ago. It has been a blessing for me, my husband and many of my friends who have seen the result on us. Thanks again MM.
This time last year I told a few people about 5:2 who completely rubbished it. I'm now at a healthy BMI and they......well they have either not lost anything or have put weight on and the biggest culprit has just started 5:2ing a couple of weeks ago! Mmmm......
26 posts Page 1 of 2