The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

17 posts Page 1 of 2
Hey America
04 Apr 2013, 01:24
The original Dr. M show is going to be on PBS tonight. I checked my local (New York) schedule and it's on tonight at 10pm. It's also being repeated a few times in the next few days.
Re: Hey America
04 Apr 2013, 03:15
Thanks for the info nycnyc2013. I've looked it up and it's on 10pm here, as well. Set DVR and I'll finally see this show tomorrow. :) It's titled Eat, Fast and Live Longer with Michael Mosley for anyone needing to do a search.
04 Apr 2013, 03:26
Thank you! Just set up my DVR...will watch it in the morning..
04 Apr 2013, 17:17
writing from Missour here..........watched it last night on PBS.......just re-enforces everything for me.................
04 Apr 2013, 17:39
You can watch it on PBS online also.
04 Apr 2013, 18:32
Just watched it and I'll have to watch again. Had to keep going back to listen because my OH and I kept interrupting to say "hey! that's Venice or Wooo that's right by the house!" Much of his fasting segment was filmed within a couple miles of my home and even saw on off-ramp I frequently take to get home.
04 Apr 2013, 18:38
Watched it last night here in Oregon. Helps to keep me motivated!
06 Apr 2013, 11:47
Here's the link.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2363162206

Sorry, I don't know if it works outside the U.S.
08 Apr 2013, 08:55
I watched it again last nigh :smile:
09 Apr 2013, 16:22
I have seen the show twice now (at least most of it.) I keep missing the beginning. But I want to ask if Dr. M or any institution is keeping track of our results as data in any publishable study. If we all go to our general practitioners at the beginning and get blood tests and repeat every 6 months to 1 year, can we provide useful information for a study?
09 Apr 2013, 21:14
Thanks for posting the link to the video, Zillz! My DVR didn't work properly when it was on a couple of nights ago, so I'm grateful to be able to view it now.
10 Apr 2013, 09:11
WifofJif wrote: I have seen the show twice now (at least most of it.) I keep missing the beginning. But I want to ask if Dr. M or any institution is keeping track of our results as data in any publishable study. If we all go to our general practitioners at the beginning and get blood tests and repeat every 6 months to 1 year, can we provide useful information for a study?

Not that I know of! I think we have the best dataset right here! We have a large dataset for weightloss via the progress tracker but not much on blood chemistry. Sadly no starting blood work for most people.

I'm happy to write up our findings for publication (with the help of the other nerdy types)...writing papers for medical journals is what I do for a living! We just need to collect enough long term data. Because it's self-reported, it's not that strong but if the population is large enough it strengthens the findings. Hopefully the questionnaire we're sending out might give something worth mentioning, though I'm looking on this first questionnaire as a pilot study.
10 Apr 2013, 19:26
Dr. M's program on Exercise is on tonight on most PBS stations and the one on Guts is on next week. Check your local listings - there may also be repeats. KET in Kentucky is airing the exercise program 6 times over the next few days, the Guts program 4 times over the following week. Happy viewing America!
18 Apr 2013, 23:50
I watched The Truth About Exercise last week, and tonight Guts is on. :clap:
19 Apr 2013, 04:41
My hubby and I watched Guts last night. Gross but fascinating. I discovered that I, like Dr.Mosley, am a neurotic rather than an extrovert, and that this is the reason I have a drop in blood pressure when experiencing pain or physical (and to some extent) emotional stress. I also tend to have "gut" problems as a reaction to stress.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of his programs.
17 posts Page 1 of 2