The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

18 posts Page 1 of 2
:arrow: This Kindle book is free for a short period only. Do double-check the price before buying!
:arrow: You don't need a Kindle to read Kindle books. You can download Amazon's "Kindle for PC" app, which will enable you to read Kindle books on your PC.

Intermittent Fasting: Stronger Digestion, Better Weight, and Greater Energy Using This Easy-to-Follow Method
by Adrianne Taylor Abbott

Amazon description :
Fasting is one of the oldest health practices there is. It has been used for literally centuries as a way to improve health, cleanse the body of impurities, and feel more energetic. But long-term fasting is difficult, and doesn't really fit in well with our modern lifestyles.

So to bridge the gap, "intermittent fasting" can bring you all the great benefits of fasting, but in an easy-to-do way that fits in with your busy life. It basically introduces a period of fasting, or not eating, to an otherwise normal, healthy diet and exercise plan.

As a "newbie" to intermittent fasting, you probably have lots of questions. Is intermittent fasting right for me? Is it safe? What are the reasons for doing an intermittent fast? How would intermittent fasting help me?

Intermittent fasting is a fast-growing trend that has become all the rage for health and fitness enthusiasts. More than a diet plan, intermittent fasting is quickly becoming a way of life for many people seeking to improve their overall health and physical fitness.

Intermittent fasting is a great way of cleansing the body of toxins, undigested foods, pollutants, and more. It gives your internal organs a way to rest and restore, so they work more efficiently. Intermittent fasting promotes better health, and many people find it helpful for losing weight. It may also help with allergies, headaches, digestive disorders, and even sleep problems.

I'll be answering those questions and more throughout this short guide. I understand you might be a little uncertain about intermittent fasting. I was too when I started. But in this guide, I'm going to take you by the hand and we’ll take this journey together.

If you'd like to help towards the running costs of this forum (at no cost to you), please consider making your Amazon purchases through this link if you're in the UK, or this link if you're in the USA!

Disclaimer: Please note I have no link with either Amazon, the book or the author.
Many thanks, got it and will read it later

Ballerina x
Drat! No Kindle and I'm running Linux :( Would some kind person who has read the book reveal what the 'Most important secret to intermittent fasting' is - it's really got my curiosity going?! Cheers, FatDog
Got it - thanks Kehira.

Fatdog
Can you not use mobi or something so you can read it anywhere? (How can you tell I'm not a techie? :bugeyes: )
Thanks Keihira Got it my first book .Sue
FatDog wrote: Drat! No Kindle and I'm running Linux :( Would some kind person who has read the book reveal what the 'Most important secret to intermittent fasting' is - it's really got my curiosity going?! Cheers, FatDog

Not sure if this will help, but have you looked at Calibre for Linux ?

EDIT:
Alternatively, you can use Amazon's Cloud Reader (details HERE.)
Thank you,will peruse later.
Fran
Thanks Keihira - had tried read.amazon.com in chrome and it didn't want to play but have just re-followed the link in firefox and it seems to be doing it's stuff, yay! (Now I just need my stomach to stop grumbling - fast day today - and all would be well).

Cheers, FatDog

Edit: Drat! Followed through a bit further and Amazon told me to go away as I'm in the UK and read.amazon.co.uk does'nt want to play either... shenanigans. I'll just have to suffer the suspense until someone reveals "the secret" of IF :)
thanks
Intermittent fasting is a great way of cleansing the body of toxins, undigested foods, pollutants, and more.

Oh dear...woo alert!
Thank you will take a look. Hopefully not too much woo!
Thanks for posting, looking forwards to reading another take on IF
Read the book. Not worth paying for, or even reading. No references to back claims that fasting removes toxins or undigested food. Where on earth inside me has all the undigestible fibre I've been eating for years been hiding ? Much better to pay for Michael & Mimi's book. It's well enough written otherwise, though I don't think fasting can become enthusiastic at all, let alone more so.
colkerr wrote: Read the book. Not worth paying for {snip}

Just as well it was free!! :lol:
There"s always one :doh: I can't find it on the kindle?
18 posts Page 1 of 2