The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

70 posts Page 2 of 5
Actually, I'm surprised by how international the forum is, it's definitely not a handful of overseas posters, it's a large proportion of the active posters if you include the French contingent. It has been from the start, don't change what's not broken.

I think we mostly understand American as we grew up with American tv, so type away and be confident!
I really enjoy the international aspect of this forum. Nice to chat with people from all over.
I love the fact that I just discovered I'm reading the same books as fellow 5:2ers in Tasmania and Sweden ... And also the fact that people in the States, Australia and London told how they love getting their books from their libraries (when libraries are under threat in UK and US and elsewhere). These are only the small incidentals of life ... But they add up to so much more, and in a world of division, war, alienation and misunderstanding, they matter so much ...
I too love the international flavor of this forum! I do admit to wishing everyone would add their location information...to include the country. I'm sure city names are enough for some, but my geography knowledge is lacking.

I'm sure I'll hear some squeals, but I wouldn't mind seeing our ages or age range. Helps put into perspective some of the comments. After several months I've pinpointed a few who are in my age range...55 in a few months...and I feel a special kinship with them when I read their posts.

Thank you to every one for broadening my horizons and especially for making us all feel welcome.
Hi dianehelen,

Just remember that crisps are chips and chips are fries and you'll be all good!
5:24evr? wrote: Hi dianehelen,

Just remember that crisps are chips and chips are fries and you'll be all good!

But chips are chips and so are chips. That is, there are hot chips (fries) and packet chips (crisps). Not at all confusing :?:
Not to mention eggplants = aubergines, and zucchinis= courgettes .... (Why does this always come back to food, lol!!!)
Although sometimes I wonder why a person would go out in their pants, I immediately realise that it is an American person and I burst into laughter! :-)

Nothing better than many people from many places with many experiences to share!
Because I come here, I practise my English way more than I used to and it's a really good thing even if, sometimes I find it hard to switch from English to French in another forum and I feel a bit like Jean Claude Vandamme I used to laugh so loud at :razz:
One time I was at a steam fair in London and this little five year old girl had on the cutest outfit so I told her that I liked her pants.

She looked at me horrified and my friends squealed with laughter. Try explaining that to a five year old!
I love the international aspect of this forum and draw strength, wisdom, and a feeling of solidarity with all of you. :heart: :clover: :heart:

Not to mention the wit and zaniness demonstrated by such as Ballerina. My next trip to France will be much different, thanks to all that she has taught me! :grin:
Just had a couple of chocolate biscuits with my mug of cocoa!

I wonder what our American friends will make of that? :grin:
The mug of cocoa sounds good but a chocolate biscuit sounds odd. So I'm thinking a biscuit to you is like a cookie to us. The bigger question is do you have enough to share with all of us?
I'm an American from Central NY, but I have been living in the UK for almost 16 years. I can honestly say that people are just people and the language barrier between US English and UK English is miniscule.

Spotted Dick anyone? lol ;)
70 posts Page 2 of 5