The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

70 posts Page 3 of 5
image.jpg
image.jpg (11.03 KiB) Viewed 462 times
Hey GoLinda - I'm guessing Breadandwine means these - another British standard - chocolate digestives (lol!) - don't know if you can get them in the States, but they are very more-ish!

And Breadandwine - what are you doing having cocoa and biscuits at 6am in the morning? :shock: :grin:
I love the international aspect, I guess us Brits find US terms familiar from all the US tv shows and films, or maybe that's just me . Love hearing about the weather too :grin:
Cocoa and choccy bikkies, how I'm just jealous, it's my fast day.
I was contributing to a travel forum in the past and once I wrote that after the smoking ban the UK has gone dirtier and added "I go out for a fag and the pavement is full of stinking butts".

Need I tell you about the confusion I created??? ;-)
Silverdarling is the chocolate digestive like a hobnob. One of the English characters in the movie I was watching kept eating hobnobs.
They're similar, Wineoclock, but Hobnobs have oats in them. They can be plain or chocolate like digestives but they are harder. They are the choice of the serious biscuit dunker as they don't drop to bits when you dunk them in your tea! (Or 6am cocoa!) You can even go back for a second dip with a Hobnob! :lol: :lol:
Yes miffy is right, hobnobs are more oaty - and digestive chocolate biscuits are more buttery somehow, there's something very moreish about them, lol! But I like them both! There is also a newer version of the choc digestive, with the addition of a layer of caramel under the chocolate :shock: :shock: :grin: :grin:
Wineoclock - looks like they might be available in Oz!
http://www.manassen.com.au/Brand-Detail ... uctID=7542
Enjoy reading posts from all over and improving my international way of thinking ! I wouldn't even be doing this in the USA if it weren't for my British friends because our head is in the sand here :)
Just found this thread and have to say that I enjoyed catching up. I am german living in Ulster (NI). Confusion happens and you just have to continue to see the funny side. Thanks for the food translations. It's one of those things that I sometimes still struggle with.
Dsmith why would you say our head is in the sand when Dr. Mosely came to our research facilities here in the United States to do his research on this subject. I think the issue is more that people aching for weight loss buy into the marketing of big businesses such as gyms, fitness trainers, magic pills, and media hype. The concept of intermittent fasting originated right here.
GoLinda wrote: The mug of cocoa sounds good but a chocolate biscuit sounds odd. So I'm thinking a biscuit to you is like a cookie to us. The bigger question is do you have enough to share with all of us?

Hi everyone!

Thought the choccie biccies would cause a bit of fun! :grin:

Generally, a chocolate biscuit would indeed be a digestive biscuit, with one side covered with chocolate. You can also get chocolate hobnobs - an oat biscuit with chocolate on one side.

The problem for me is that I'm vegan, and, while hobnobs are OK for vegans, chocolate hobnobs aren't. I get Oaties from Lidl, which are similar to hobnobs, but cheaper - and not quite as sweet, I think. I then melt some vegan chocolate, spread the Oaties with it, then place in the freezer until the chocolate dries. I do about half a dozen at a time - one piece of melted chocolate will cover 3 biscuits. I then eat a couple and stick the rest back in the packet. They are very morish, that's true!

And of course, Linda, I would make sure I had enough for everyone! :like:

Funnily enough I can stop eating after 2 of these - but if I'm eating ginger biscuits I lose all control. I had 7, one after the other recently - and only stopped when I threw the packet on top of the cupboard, out of reach!

I've been meaning to start a thread on the only safe way to eat a ginger biscuit. That is, to take one out of the packet, walk out of the door, and not begin eating it until well on your journey! :confused:

:smile:
Silverdarling wrote: Wineoclock - looks like they might be available in Oz!

I've seen them in Aldi's from time to time.
Silverdarling wrote: Wineoclock - looks like they might be available in Oz!

Thanks. I've seen the digestives. I don't buy many biscuits as I would then eat them.
Digestives? Okay, so is that another word for a type of cookie? If I'm honest, it sounds like a cookie with some laxative or fiber added in. And then you throw in the word morish...is that addictive?
Lol yes - you feel you want more!

But not seriously addictive, just slightly ... :wink: :shock: :oops:
70 posts Page 3 of 5