The FastDay Forum

The 5:2 Lab

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I picked this up today and as I have not posted anything new for a while, I'm interested to know what people think about this. I noticed a typo in the report. I think the NAA category means unlimited access to normal food, not high fat food.

Anyway the hypothesis is around fasting supporting the building of lean muscle mass (and therefore endurance), and losing fat in preference to other ways of eating, under several control groups involving different feeding patterns of mice.

http://www.ergo-log.com/build-muscle-ma ... sting.html
Interesting and you must be right about the typo. As always: would be much more interesting to see research on real people in real life situations, not in a lab. And of course have 5:2 traditional style as a comparison.
Just wanted to point out that the study was on mice, and a 16 hour fast for a mouse is probably the equivalent of about 3 days worth of fasting for humans when you account for their metabolic rate and how quickly they drop weight during fasting.

Still interesting but whether we can draw any conclusion about the effect on humans is questionable.
3 posts Page 1 of 1