The FastDay Forum

The 5:2 Lab

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Re: Rollercoasting & whoosh
10 Apr 2013, 07:52
I think it does. I'm lifting weights and went to the proper Olympic lifting class last Thursday night. I hurt for a couple of days and then on Sunday, l had that whoosh feeling. It was quite dramatic so I mentioned it in class on Monday but didn't know why. Thanks. :-)
10 Apr 2013, 07:59
Yes, I often get a big drop then several days of more or less the same and another big drop. The whoosh doesn't seem to relate to the fast days either.
10 Apr 2013, 08:52
I saw a paper a couple of days ago reporting greater water content of adipose tissue after weight loss which was associated with better blood supply and increased insulin sensitivity, but it didn't mention any loss in water after a time. I'm still looking...
10 Apr 2013, 08:54
I've always lost weight in chunks. Go along for ages then a sudden drop. On Sunday it felt like I'd been vacuum-packed.

Very interesting.
10 Apr 2013, 09:49
This is fascinating, and my own daily chart does go up and down with whooshes from time to time.

I shall read everything I can...
(You never know, I might yet be a nerd?!)
5 posts Page 1 of 1