The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

60 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: discouraged newbie
03 Nov 2014, 14:34
stephd wrote: Hi Liz, I'm actually not in Ottawa but in Southwestern Ontario near London.

Hello peebles, way to go for losing all that weight. How do you feel now with regular fasting? I'm not worried about my diabetes, or hypoglycemia with fasting. I take metformin, 500 mg twice a day and it doesn't cause hypoglycemia according to the diabetes information thread on here and from other reading I've done. I think I should be ok. Sorry to hear you've had such troubles. I'm sure you were terrified when your blood sugars went so low! dangerous for sure. The worst I've ever gotten is a case of the shakes and some irritability. I was a little shaky during Tuesday's fast but it went away within half an hour. I still can't determine if it was because of my blood sugar or my being so darn cold in my apartment lol. Way to go on your A1c! I only have a limited # of strips for my meter that are covered by my health insurance plan so I don't test every day. A box costs $100, too much for me to afford. My doctor says testing every other day is fine because I am doing so well. I don't think I am in terms of the foods I eat but that I can change.

Yup carieoats, lots of responses, almost difficult to keep up lol.

David, eating like a pig describes me to a T. I'm hoping that eating lots of veg on fast days will carry over into eating properly on non fast days. Today, I just ate a sandwich, had some blueberries, a bit of yoghurt with amazing apricot jam and I want to keep on eating. I'm craving sweets! I just made myself a cup of tea so hopefully that will take my mind off candy and chocolate. If I could survive yesterday, my fast day, I should darn well be able to resist sweets and junk food today! It is Halloween today so my son will come home with lots of candy. Will be tough to stay strong then.

Thanks everyone for all of your responses! now I feel special :). So much encouragement! I'm so happy to have found FastDay. Enjoy the day!

One more thing....
Bin the booze, if you haven't already.
I ve put an inch back on so it happens ....
03 Nov 2014, 15:25
Hey David, I don't drink. So I don't have that as an excuse, just my overeating :)
03 Nov 2014, 16:49
stephd wrote: was thinking of the same thing but don't know how. I will try to figure it out

Just go to post a reply and change the title. If not tell me what you want it to be as I have powers.........
03 Nov 2014, 17:46
I went through several months where I felt like I had to eat to make up for the fast days. It did eventually calm down, but the nice thing was that even when I ate more than my maintenance calories on nonfast days, I still lost weight at a reasonable clip. So I wouldn't stress about it at this point. If you don't see weight loss over the next month that would be the time to pay it more attention.
empowered newbie
03 Nov 2014, 18:07
A big thank you to all who have responded, not discouraged anymore! am fasting today and so far it has gone well. Yeah!
03 Nov 2014, 18:11
Hi carrieoats, still wasn't able to change the title. I changed the subject but that didn't do anything :confused: Could you do it for me? change it to "empowered newbie"

Thanks a bunch!
Steph
04 Nov 2014, 05:29
@stephd what great response you received from the community here - how encouraging. Not 100% sure but I believe @carrieoates might only get your message if you put an ampersand (@) in front of her name (which of course I just did :-))
04 Nov 2014, 05:29
@stephd what great response you received from the community here - how encouraging. Not 100% sure but I believe @carrieoates might only get your message if you put an ampersand (@) in front of her name (which of course I just did :-))
04 Nov 2014, 06:09
@Stephd and @Ieramul
I think you do have to use the tag icon, or the tag command for the tag to work (ie send a PM) - using @ is not sufficient. You know it has worked if the person's name is highlighted once your post has been submitted.
Steph, managing food intake on non-fast days can continue to be a challenge, even after being on this eating regime for months and years!- more so for some than others. There are lots of threads on this subject so have a hunt for these. If you can't find much, then raise the issue again coz there are lots of ideas that may help.
Good luck!
empowered newby
04 Nov 2014, 08:42
Hi @stephd, I'm a bit late to this conversation but when you want to tag someone the best way is type their name, then highlight it and click on the tag icon just above the smilies above the message. If you then click on preview you can see if it is OK. I sometimes spell the names wrong and it doesn't work then so I always check before posting. :)

Edit .....It didn't work when I changed the title, this thread still came up as discouraged newbie in the list of topics so you will need @carieoates and her magic powers. :wink:
04 Nov 2014, 13:23
@@carieoats Hi, still wasn't able to change the title. I changed the subject but that didn't do anything :confused: Could you do it for me? change it to "empowered newbie"

Thanks a bunch!
Steph

To everyone who responded thank you so much for your help. Still don't think I've done it correctly. :confused: Gotta run to play with the little kiddies in kindergarten.
04 Nov 2014, 13:25
@carieoats, trying again. Could you please change the title? I haven't figured out how to do it. and hopefully this will "tag" you.

Thanks,
Steph
Re: Empowered newbie
04 Nov 2014, 13:28
@carieoates Grrr. one more time. I spelled your name incorrectly! Hi, still wasn't able to change the title. I changed the subject but that didn't do anything :confused: Could you do it for me? change it to "empowered newbie"

Thanks a bunch!
Steph

To everyone who responded thank you so much for your help. Still don't think I've done it correctly. :confused: Gotta run to play with the little kiddies in kindergarten.
04 Nov 2014, 16:56
Did I manage it....
That'll be a yes. @stephd
04 Nov 2014, 17:18
@carieoates thanks so much! I think I may be getting the hang of this. It is all new to me.
60 posts Page 4 of 4