The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

12 posts Page 1 of 1
2 months mainteneering
08 Oct 2013, 05:23
I achieved my target weight 10th August, that makes (nearly) 2 months now.

A big thank you to 5:2 for getting me there, now thanks too to 6:1 for keeping me there with such ease (with just the occasional 16:8 as preventive action when I know I'm approaching a difficult period)

AND MOST OFF ALL THANK YOU TO THIS FORUM & IT'S LOVELY PEOPLE & SUPPORT :heart: :heart: :heart:
Re: 2 months mainteneering
08 Oct 2013, 05:51
That's great news, Annie! Congratulations! It's a great inspiration to those of us who are nearing maintenance ourselves.
08 Oct 2013, 05:59
I was just thinking yesterday that we didn't hear much from those who are maintaining!
Do you still enjoy this WOL or are you tempted to go back to "normal" eating?
Nice to hear a success story xxx
08 Oct 2013, 06:33
What a lovely post @AnnieD! :like:

Well done! :victory:
08 Oct 2013, 06:36
Congrats Annie!

It's always a great inspiration to hear from someone who's had success with weight loss with this wol and even more managed to maintain it! Seems that doing 6:1 plus occasional 16:8 is a good combo for maintainance, I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Again, kudos to you Annie :)
08 Oct 2013, 06:44
Well done Annie - great to have this update :victory: :clover: :cool:
08 Oct 2013, 06:46
Well done Annie. I hope one day to be a maintainer. I can diet, but I have never been able to maintain...... I look forward to the tips :grin:
08 Oct 2013, 07:26
I echo the 'well dones'!
A great achievement all round!
08 Oct 2013, 08:15
Nice maintainer feedback, thanks Annie glad 6:1 & 16:8 is working for you

Keep us posted while we catch up to you.

Fasting hard, pant, pant, yoohoo wait for me, I am trying to catch up with you :neutral: :frown: :confused:
08 Oct 2013, 08:57
Well done on maintaining for two months - it does take a little while to adjust to keeping the weight off rather than losing it and you don't want to undo all the good work done so far!

Just checked my records and started at 128lbs and my goal was 119lbs which I passed at the beginning of June. I continued doing 5:2 and occasionally 16:8 on other weekdays until the end of August and since then have eaten what I wanted when I wanted and for the past couple of months my weight has remained at 112lbs. HOWEVER, I am anticipating putting on 5 - 7lbs over the winter months because salad isn't an attractive option at lunchtime on a freezing cold day! Also, to keep the chocolate monster happy I eat 1 tsp cocoa powder every day or have a hot chocolate drink 2-3 x per week.
08 Oct 2013, 09:43
spanner wrote: I was just thinking yesterday that we didn't hear much from those who are maintaining!
Do you still enjoy this WOL or are you tempted to go back to "normal" eating?
Nice to hear a success story xxx

Go back?........Go Back?.......to what? :lol: stuffing myself to the point of sickness, being, or at least feeling like I was, addicted to sugar and unable to just have one slice of bread, etc. etc. In answer to your question.....
"are you tempted to go back to "normal" eating?"......NO, NO, NEVER :shock: I have been on maintenance now for 7 months and have no problem maintaining my weight and I now consider this to be "normal eating" rather than the 'abnormal' relationship I had with food for years.

Whilst I don't feel that this has 'saved' my life I am hoping that it will extend my life but if not then at least I feel that however long I last I will be much healthier and happier as a result. :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
08 Oct 2013, 10:16
Ballerina wrote: "are you tempted to go back to "normal" eating?"......NO, NO, NEVER :shock: I have been on maintenance now for 7 months and have no problem maintaining my weight and I now consider this to be "normal eating" :

I echo that totally.

For those of you who are approaching maintenance, I would say that the most difficult part is getting the balance right & avoiding continuing losing - something I never thought I would say :shock:

Ballerina remains an inspiration to me ..... 7 months !!!
I'm just a beginner at this maintenance stuff, I'l be happy when I'm saying 7 months too :)
12 posts Page 1 of 1