The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

3 posts Page 1 of 1
First month of maintenance
11 Nov 2013, 12:02
I committed to posting monthly, and here is my first weigh-in report.

Good: I have maintained, and indeed lost a bit over the month.

No so good: It has been a struggle actually. Little bad habits have crept back. Like taking one of the biscuits/sweets that get passed around on an almost daily basis in regular social situations, having chocolate biscuits in the house (though in some ways that's a plus compared to the old days - the packet doesn't get eaten in one go!) My lean days feel like a struggle and I've begun to cheat a bit.

What I'm doing: Same as before, but cheating more! ie before was 2 days a week of about 600-700 calories; 5 days a week of eat whatever I want, but generally not having much rubbish except on special occasions. Now I'm indulging more on the 5 days, and probably going over by 100 to 200 on the lean days.

Plans: Think about whether I want it before I take a sweet etc - save myself for the really nice ones and say no thanks to the rubbish. Re-calculate my calorie intake on lean days and make sure that I keep below 750. Be a bit more active. I'm walking less on these cold wet days, so I need to get out the wii/dance games/weights. I commit to this for next month's weigh-in report.

Thank you everyone for the opportunity to make a commitment.

Keep up the good work on your own goals!

kl
Re: First month of maintenance
11 Nov 2013, 12:10
It's so true what they say, losing the weight is the easy bit, keeping it off is the hard bit. I have maintained my weight loss now for 9 months and other than the occasional blip it is quite easy but I must say that this is the first time EVER I have actually managed to maintain any loss for more than one mealtime so maintenance is such a novelty for me. I do understand the challenges you are facing, the lovely Moogie is also going through it but you will both be fine, that's the best bit of this way of life, one slip up is not the end, you just get going again.

Good luck, :clover:

Ballerina x :heart:
Re: First month of maintenance
11 Nov 2013, 13:21
Well done on maintaining thus far!

My comment is that for most of us, it is the snacking that is a problem both for weight gain and general health. Particularly as snacks tend to be high carb. Could you commit to being someone who doesn't snack Mon to Fri? That includes snacking at work and also after dinner. If that seems to be too much, perhaps only allow snacks on one occasion (e.g., morning coffeetime OR afternoon teatime but not both).

Just a thought...
3 posts Page 1 of 1