The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

17 posts Page 1 of 2
First year as a mainteneer
26 Feb 2015, 19:20
I have just realised that this month I have been maintaining for a year. I reached my target of 9st last February and am pleased to say that I am exactly that weight today. During that year I have been as low as 8st 10lb and as high as 9st 4lb. I have enjoyed parties, celebrations and holidays, having exactly what I want to eat.
My stomach has definitely shrunk as I can no longer eat the portion sizes I used to and I am perfectly happy with just a few squares of 85% chocolate. Sometimes I have fasted proper. I have done 5:2 and 4:3. I have sometimes done 16:8. I have thought about whether I am hungry before eating and I have low carbed. I even did a dry January. I eat more vegetables and salads than ever before and have tried new veggies and ways of cooking and serving them. I have weighed daily when at home and logged my weight on the true weight app.
I still love this woe and if you are reading this and thinking that you'll never get here, well let me tell you that if you make this a way of life instead of a restrictive diet then you will, even though it may be a long journey.
Re: First year as a mainteneer
26 Feb 2015, 19:45
Congrats WendyD on being sooo...successful!

Remaining curious, mindful and enjoying a new normal are definitely among the most important realizations for making this way of life work.
26 Feb 2015, 21:01
Congratulations Wendy Daaaarlinggg! :star: That is a great achievement indeed! Here's one of those cakes we don't have to miss out on!
:grin:
26 Feb 2015, 21:10
ADF couldn't have put it better myself. Thank you :smile:

Thank you Carorees. That is a fine looking cake. My window has just closed for the day so I will save it for tomorrow thank you :lol:
I forgot to say that this woe is simply the best for enjoying weekends away with friends, sharing champagne, wine, curry, coffee and cake. I never have to say 'no' to anything. 'Later' or 'tomorrow' maybe but never 'no' :wink:
26 Feb 2015, 21:16
Congratulations. :like: :like: :like: :cake:
26 Feb 2015, 21:21
Congratulations and well done!! Many say maintaining is harder than losing, so you should be extra proud :-)
27 Feb 2015, 00:34
@Wendy Darling you are so - on the spot! You take my breath away in the most delightful way. Congratulations to you, it is a good WOL for us all to explore with the great support of this fabulous forum. :heart:
Please keep posting your journey from time to time as you send us good fortune. Happy days ahead :clover: :clover: :victory: :victory: :smile: :smile:
27 Feb 2015, 00:46
Congrats, Wendy Darling!
27 Feb 2015, 01:42
What a wonderful positive outlook and approach WendyD! Many congratulations, I am sure your attitude should mean that you will continue successful maintenance forever! Best wishes. :)
27 Feb 2015, 02:45
Inspiring! Thank you so much for your post. It encourages all of us.
27 Feb 2015, 03:44
Congratulations! keep inspiring us and keep it up :)
27 Feb 2015, 04:39
Ahhhh WD that is fantastic! Well done x you must feel on top of the world! XXX
27 Feb 2015, 07:31
Congratulations@Wendy Darling
That's so encouraging.

Bracken :like:
27 Feb 2015, 10:03
Lovely, cheerful account of successful maintenance. Well Done!
27 Feb 2015, 10:44
Congratulations, @WendyDarling, my maintaining buddy! What an inspiring post. I'm sure that it will inspire many people on their way to their personal targets!
17 posts Page 1 of 2