The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

32 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Maintaining August 2015
28 Aug 2015, 20:23
My high weight this past two weeks was 138 lbs.--3 pounds over my goal. My low was this morning after fasting yesterday was 135.5. I know this doesn't sound like much, but the total I needed to lose more than 2 years ago was only 15 pounds, so gaining 3 pounds is regaining 20% of the loss, therefore, I have to pay close attention to every little gain.

OTOH, my maintaining this summer has been so good I've only had to fast 4 times since early May :grin:
Hope the rest of you maintainers will end the month with great results :clover: :clover:
29 Aug 2015, 10:22
I sure am glad that there are three more days left of August, since my weight seems to bounce up and down a lot. I reached a good maintenance weight already, but then my weight shot up again (I didn't do anything unusual?). I am now within my wiggle room for my goal weight, but only just. I'd like to close the month with a bit more ... well, LESS weight, actually. More wiggle room.
I am 52.5 kg and tomorrow is my last fast day for August, so we'll see what that'll bring on Monday. Then I won't fast again, 'cept maintenance 6:1 for a long while :grin: .
29 Aug 2015, 13:48
124.4lbs today (or as reminded by @MaryBeth that's maintaining a 24.6lbs loss weight loss :wink:)
1st Sept marks my 8th month maintaining (52) - three quarters the way to my goal for the year :grin: (to stay within 123 - 128 range).
High point 128 (16 March and 18 April)
Low point 123.8 (last week)
Most popular point throughout the 8 months is definitely 125-126, now considered my consistent home base :heart:
On return from my hols I plan to experiment with a windows approach and a consistent daily TDEE bordering 1500 cals.
30 Aug 2015, 10:37
Well the month is drawing to a close and it seems to have been a quiet month for most of us. Certainly for me. Not fasting proves to be a very effective strategy to prevent excessive weight loss :grin: From Monday on regular teaching schedule start again, so anything that is feeling like holiday season is definitively over. It's been nice though, so up to September.
30 Aug 2015, 19:56
Half of August was spent away on holiday in Sweden. We ate and drank well, with the emphasis on drank well, with cocktails nightly, followed by wine with the meal and most days beer at lunchtime also. I did my usual of never eating breakfast and of cutting out as many carbs as possible (I didn't consider, though, that not eating cake at afternoon coffee time ["fika"] was in the realm of 'possible' :grin: ). First weigh in after my return I was exactly on my upper maintenance limit of 65kg and up around 1kg since the last weigh in before I left on holiday. My weight dropped very fast on returning home and cutting out the alcohol for a couple of weeks and dipped as low as 63.3kg, which I hadn't seen on the scales for around 6 months. I am now back at 64kg having allowed the occasional glass of wine to re-enter my life. All in all a successful month weight-wise :victory:
31 Aug 2015, 09:21
My August maintaining has been very up an down because of uncontrollable situations - with guests.
Happy to end August in a positive note
52kg.
Now the summer and guests have gone so the mundane business of 6:1 may begin again :grin:
31 Aug 2015, 14:12
Maintenance Month 014

Goal weight 120lbs, range 118 - 122, method 7 x 19/5

Entry weight 121 exit weight 123 average 121.97
Highest 123 (10 days), lowest 121 (11 days).

Not a good month, 4th month in a row where the average has crept up.

The month featured a staggered birthday, a visitor and too many days of lunch out where the only non-grain options were baked potato (too high carb), or fish with new potato (likewise). And the self-inflicted coffee with cream instead of black :lol:
01 Sep 2015, 18:35
I'm stil fighting my pesky lb, but I must admit I'm not trying very hard.
06 Sep 2015, 10:04
It seems that most of you have had an excellent maintaining month. I ended the month 2.2 pounds over my target of 147 pounds and have been slightly higher than that at various points during the month! :shock: I have been very negligent over fasting and had lots of meals out and snacking on rubbish!

Later this week I am off for a fortnight to visit my daughter, who was in Germany but is now in Belgium for the next two years. I fasted yesterday and am now only one pound over target, so feel a little more contented with that. I plan to fit in a couple more fast before I go and will try to minimise my weight gain while away. Based on previous experience, this is not likely to happen but I can but try! :wink:

I look forward to hearing of everyone's successes in the Maintaining September 2015 topic - if anyone starts it! :smile:
07 Sep 2015, 08:26
Hi all, I'm a visitor here, not a resident - but hey, a girl can dream!

Could I ask a question? It's so long - over 15-years - since I've been the weight I am now so I have no idea what my maintenance weight is likely to be and no idea of my target - well, apart from losing the next 3 pounds.

Would anyone mind sharing their maintenance weight BMI, to help me work out how much more I should aim to lose?
07 Sep 2015, 09:00
Hi @warriorprincess. Nobody can tell you what your target weight has to be, as you probably know, officially anything between 18.5 and 25 is considered a normal BMI, so you have a wide range to choose from.

There have been discussions before on the forum about how folk chose their target weight, but I don't remember where they are, maybe someone else can post the links?

A few things to think of: it is more important that your waist measurement is not more than half your height than to be any particular weight, from the health perspective. Other factors are liking the way you look and feel, and the way your clothes fit. Some ladies don't want to go too low in case their faces look gaunt (subjective of course).

I chose my target weight from a formula in the Fast-5 e-book. (100 lbs for a average-framed 5 foot woman, then 5 lbs for every additional inch). Many thought it was on the low side but I got there without doing anything extreme and I am glad I tried, because at that weight I get practically no knee twinges on my runs and rambles, so I try and stay at 120 lbs. If you look at my tracker, you will see that I am more often over than under, by up to 5lbs on occasion, but I keep on with the fasting and it goes back down again. BMI between 20 and 21.
07 Sep 2015, 11:10
As Barbarita said it's very subjective. I'm maintaining at a BMI of 25.86 so technically I'm still overweight. However I have what I consider quite a 'stocky' frame (big boned with broad shoulders etc.). I started to maintain when I reached a weight on the scales that I last saw when I was eighteen (many years ago!) and when I could fit into M&S size 10 jeans. That was enough for me. I was a little concerned my face was starting to look a bit gaunt, although it seems to have recovered a bit! Also I didn't want to lose any more of my boobs and I don't think my husband wanted me to either :wink:
07 Sep 2015, 14:29
Hi @warriorprincess, did you read this?
https://www.fastday.com/fasting/when-sh ... intenance/
07 Sep 2015, 14:39
Thanks all for replies. I'm just over 5'8" so @Barbarita's system brings me to a target of 140lbs which is uncannily close to 9st 13lbs. I remember telling someone that was my weight target when my son was a babe in arms (he's about to start his final year at uni!)

If that's the aim then I won't have to concern myself with maintaining for a very long time yet. But, to look on the bright side, I am over half way there!
07 Sep 2015, 17:15
Hi, @WarriorPrincess. I am 5' 7" and have settled on 147 pounds as my target and have been maintaining there or thereabouts for about a year and a half. However, I am sixty six and am allowing myself a few extra pounds so that my face doesn't look any more wrinkly - not a problem that you will have for a few decades yet! I am still carrying a roll (sometimes two!) around my middle but I don't want to wear a bikini and with the right undergarments don't look too gross in a fitted dress, so this is a good weight for me at the present time. I could go a little lower but my weight is relatively stable and I don't want to risk jeopardising that by aiming for a target which is really beyond my wildest dreams!
Whatever, weight you decide on, it's a good idea to have a plan to maintain and never take your eye of your target. I did and then had to start serious fasting again to remedy a few months 'off plan'!
Good luck!
32 posts Page 2 of 3