The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

63 posts Page 5 of 5
Re: Maintaining: February 2015
28 Feb 2015, 15:45
Last day of February - my second month maintaining, 125.2lbs today, tad down on last week and comfortably within range. Reflections after 2 months for any newbies: I'm not normally an anxious person but announcing goal made me realise a completely new journey was ahead and I could not 'see it', the unknown - a bit like a black hole. Was I going to be tripped up? How could I prepare myself for all eventualities. So I read through all the maintenance threads from 2013, wow that really gave me confidence to let go of the strange panic I was feeling. For me it's been a good two months (phew), I'm fasting Monday/Thursday and will continue to do so - non fast days during the week is a light lunch and then dinner. Snacking is now a thing of the past. Weekends are flexible though if it's a non social day I aim for one special meal - dinner at 5-6pm. About to plan todays special dinner. @peebles glad to hear you had a better week. Bring on spring, though every time we talk of the weather it reminds me "it's snowing fat" in your part of the world :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: @Ssure hope your waiting strategy comes through for you next week too and life on the water is not far away. @Sassy1All this talk of donuts and Sassy's comment "seems I'm not prepared to give up sugar" reminded me of Ella on our local news last night. Ella started the blog as a way of dealing with a relatively rare illness, Postural Tachycardia Syndrome, diagnosed in September 2011. For any low sugar peeps like me there is a link below to her sweet potato brownies - would be good for her to state the calories. Anyhow I'll bake these this eve and report back. There are beetroot and raw brownie recipes too.
http://deliciouslyella.com/recipe/vegan-sweet-potato-brownies-gluten-free/
@Merlin sorry to hear about the insomnia. I have been struggling these last six months, but I know it's busy life related and not fasting. @Marybeth thanks, that's a great idea, I'll do that too, record the low and the high on my tracker. @GMH thanks a good reminder our assumptions can be incorrect.
28 Feb 2015, 17:09
Lizbean wrote: sweet potato brownies - would be good for her to state the calories. Anyhow I'll bake these this eve and report back. There are beetroot and raw brownie recipes too.
http://deliciouslyella.com/recipe/vegan-sweet-potato-brownies-gluten-free/

@Lizbean, casting my very experienced eye over this recipe :) it's 200+ calories minimum per serving if that recipe is portioned into 10. That recipe might benefit if the sweet potato were roasted/baked to the point of being caramelised to bring out the more complex flavours of the sweet potato and it would probably be good if left to stand overnight so that the flavours and texture have an opportunity to develop into the fudge of the photograph. However, it would be interesting to see what you make of it. NB, I'm especially curious if you use Medjool dates if you consider them worth the additional expense in the UK (where Medjool dates and nuts are both phenomenally more expensive than in the US tho' I realise she's UK based).

NB: it's a pet peeve that the recipe writer made that claim about vitamin A. I realise she's talking about a cup of sweet potatoes but ea. portion contains 60g maximum in this recipe. And you obtain vitamin A precursors from plant foods, not vitamin A - there's a difference.
28 Feb 2015, 18:03
:grin: Feb 1st 93 lbs, this morning Feb 28 th 92 lbs. No longer fasting per se but sticking to my no breakfast routine an usually eat within an 8 or 9 hour window. I probably eat slightly over my TDEE most days as I do indulge in a daily treat of cake or a dessert but am managing to maintain my weight thanks to the exercise and walking I do with my Fitbit.
63 posts Page 5 of 5