The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

27 posts Page 1 of 2
Maintaining March 2016
04 Mar 2016, 10:30
A new month, a new start. And an 'interesting' graph. If this would be a trend line from someone's weight, it would be marvelous. Actually, it is the number of replies in our monthly maintenance topic from January 2015 to last month.
Naturally, it could mean different things. Are we collectively getting into a routine, where maintenance is no longer a real issue, and just part of our stable life-style? Do we have the idea that 'just telling someone about nothing really interesting is happening' is something nobody is waiting for? Or are fewer members 'in maintenance'? Are some of us struggling in silence, only waiting for the moment to report a glorious comback? Is there a general 'posting fatique'?
For me it's defenitively the first two, but what's it for you? Let us know, so perhaps a slight increase in numbers this month :wink:
Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel.JPG (18.57 KiB) Viewed 2448 times
Re: Maintaining March 2016
04 Mar 2016, 15:02
Well I post at least once a month, even if it is only to publish my stats, which I know are of little interest to anyone else, but it keeps my nose to the grindstone! I like hearing how other veterans are doing, even if it is only their stats. I hope those that have faded away are continuing their success.
04 Mar 2016, 15:42
I'm super busy with Ways of Eating just now, but I will promise to try to pop by with my stats regularly :-)
04 Mar 2016, 15:44
By the way...two days of eating dinner really early and so having a 19-20 hour fast and I've dropped 1kg! If I can hold onto this, I'll be back in the middle of my maintenance range...but then the weekend is coming and I'm sure there will be wine...
04 Mar 2016, 17:40
I think I only missed posting last month, did it today as I wasn't where the scales were earlier in the week. I'm hovering just above where I would like to be, but am just making sure I don't go higher rather than making a conscious effort to go lower.
05 Mar 2016, 15:00
I have been hovering around 82, 83 kg range for a few weeks now after peaking at 97 last summer. I really feel I am in a good routine with my eating and regular exercise, I have virtually cut all sugar out of my diet and 16/8 fasting or sometimes 15/9 is the norm. ☺My weigh in on Friday morning was my best in a long time at 81.8.
06 Mar 2016, 14:32
I've been keeping just below my upper maintenance weight of 125 lbs, still weighing daily and as I'm eating more on normal days because I feel the cold I do fast days as and when just to give my digestive system a bit of a rest and keep the weight steady. Have found it doesn't take much extra for the pounds to creep back on so still keeping fairly disciplined though I do indulge my sweet tooth more often!
06 Mar 2016, 15:03
Ironically, I was maintaining all last year but not posting it. Guess it is was #1 and #2 of @P-JK's list of reasons. I am back here today to announce that I am "overweight" for the first time in almost 2 years and need to go back on 5:2 (see post in Fasting Today to see what I have been up to).
Hope it doesn't take to long to qualify again to post here. Congratulations all you maintainers :like: :victory: .
It is true that staying stable becomes part of the "wallpaper". You maintainers need to keep us up to date, if for no other reason than to keep reminding yourself to remain vigilant. I let down the guard and here I am today....but I know this works so not panicked, just determined.
06 Mar 2016, 19:23
I've been very busy and not posting much in general.

I got a stomach flu or something a couple of weeks ago and knocked me right into the low end of maintenance range. I lived on soup for a week. I've not been to the gym in ages. That's something I'm hoping to fix. I like being busy, but not quite this busy...
06 Mar 2016, 22:51
I've been above my maintaining range since early January so with the help of two fasts a week I'm trying to get under it, preferably nicely in the middle. It's proven harder than when I started 5:2 more than two years ago, possibly because I'm not counting calories and am not as strict during the second fast of the week. I'm trying to post more on the 'fasting today' thread, partly to keep myself accountable, joined the Lenten challenge, and keep filling in my progress tracker at least once a week.
08 Mar 2016, 21:23
Lots of cake and other good food in the weekend taken care of by a single fast, remaining steady at mid-maintenance-range :cool:
Fasting really makes life easy if you're lucky it's that effective :grin:
09 Mar 2016, 13:19
Finally back in my maintenance range (just!) after going over at Christmas. It's taken a while. 16:8 most days and a couple of 'light' days a week too (although more than 500 cals in all honesty). Hoping it's going to get easier to maintain now that spring is on its way :)
20 Mar 2016, 10:01
How are things fellow mainteneers? Me I'm doing fine, not a lot of fasting these days, but consider to have one to prepare for Easter :grin:
20 Mar 2016, 19:58
As usual, I gained a bit of weight on my holiday, but a couple of fasts later, and I'm back in maintenance range. Phew.
21 Mar 2016, 09:53
Nothing to report-not sure whether that is good or bad! still a bit over as in my last post.
27 posts Page 1 of 2