The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

45 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Maintaining May 2015
21 May 2015, 11:46
I know it is the 21st of the month but I too want to report maintenance. I still do a Monday fast and then a low cal Thursday, which ensures I don't have to completely cut out certain food groups enjoy a normal diet with the the odd day over TDEE. I have worked out that by eating one meal (evening) on Monday of about 500 cals and a low cal day of about 700 cals (most of them in the evening) I only save about 1500 cals per week to compensate any miscalculations or indulgences on the other five days and ensures that I don't need to calorie count exactly just making approximate mental notes on the eating days. It gives me the feeling that I am not on a constant diet.
21 May 2015, 13:08
Pleased you joined us, @Alf! You've done brilliantly well, especially given all the problems you have had to deal with as well. @MaryAnn, that weight will fall off you, as long as you stick with a couple of fasts a week until its gone - it's recent weight and that always seems to drop off more easily - in my opinion, at least!
I have recovered from my cake-eating spree and am currently fasting today (my second of the week) whilst doing lots of paperwork at my desk. Of course I would be better off in the garden tackling the weeds but this has got to be done so chained to the desk, I am!
Not long 'til the end of the month - one bank holiday to weather and, in my case, a week long visit from my two lovely granddaughters and my daughter over from Germany. Stay strong everyone and if you're going to break out, then make sure you enjoy it! :grin:
24 May 2015, 15:00
Hi @Alf and welcome. Congratulations on maintaining. :like: Sorry to hear OH has been unwell and hope life is back on an even keel for you both. Basic 52 suits me, so for now I am sticking with if it ain't broke don't mend it.
Slightly up this week, so aiming to be slightly down next week :wink:
@Ieramul your strategy is similar to mine. I don't count on TDEE days - I do try to choose wisely, keep a close eye on portion size and satiety to keep in check any creeping ...... for now this does not resemble the feeling of a controlled diet that I'm wanting to crash through!
24 May 2015, 19:16
I'm pretty much maintaining with little upticks and dips around 135 to 136 lbs. I fast about 1 decent time a week and sometimes a 700 cal. day. On most days, I stick to nuts, strawberries and a small piece of cheese for breakfast with black coffee. Lunch is usually a salad with homemade lite balsamic or homemade soup (chicken broth, veggies, maybe a little chicken), and supper is usually a big salad, meat, veggies and maybe a bit of brown rice (or beans, whole grain pasta,or sweetpotato oven fries). Treat is a tiny square of dark chocolate. I pretty much eat the same on fast days, just waaaaaay less. If I miss a meal, it doesn't seem to bother me. Sometimes life or Chris (me) happens and I abandon a fast, postponing it for another day or week. :shock: I do the occasional glass of wine or a dessert if someone presents me with one that looks like it's worth it. :grin: Actually, that is true of anything I eat any more. It has to be "worth it."
I'd like to shift a couple more pounds to make that "new normal setpoint" a couple of pounds less. Also, I'd like to hit 15K steps EVERY day with the occasional 20K day thrown in. And as many zumba classes as I can fit in. :heart: And for those who are bored, I recommend going out shopping--not necessarily buying, just shopping. It is such a joy trying on things that you couldn't have squeezed part of yourself in and finding out that they fit!!! And look good!!!! :victory:
I just wish I hadn't waited until my 60's to find this WOL!
25 May 2015, 00:22
Wow - nearly to the end of May, and I'm only just now checking in - where has the month gone? It's been great reading up on all you fellow maintainers - keep up the great work.
I seem to be sitting fairly persistently at 600g over my top preferred weight...nothing to get too worried about, but I want to make sure it's not the start of a slow creep up. I'll put a few solid fasts in for the end of the month and see if I can't get myself back firmly around the mid of my range. I'm also hoping that now summer is well and truly over that my Pimms and Agrum consumption will stop (I've named it the "Pigrum" if you want a new cocktail idea, but it's not the most calorie conscious for all it has some healthy fruit floating in it!) I'm sure it's helped contribute to the slight weight creep over the summer. :hypnotized:
Anyway, I've now tossed or given away most of my big clothes, and those that I haven't gotten rid of are soon going to be small clothes, so even more incentive to keep with the maintenance!
Keep up the great work all!
25 May 2015, 09:57
Nearly 3 weeks have gone since I last wrote and I must say that this time my maintenance is working. I seem to have to try everything three times before it starts working!!! I have twice gained all my lost weight back..
But this forum has been ever so helpful. There was a thread for short people here, which was a real eye-opener for me. That short people cannot eat like 'normal' people.
So now I fast one a week and I have very small lunches at other days. I used to skip lunch altogether. But realised that my one low-carb bread with Marmite, had no negative effect on my weight I have that. Yesterday was Sunday and we had wine with supper and a dessert, pie with ice cream. I was 52,5 kg this morning. That is so reasonable!!!
I know from past records that I tend to put on weight in August, so we will see what this summer brings. We'll get special quests staying for a week in August. But a day at the time at the moment. I am pleased :smile:
27 May 2015, 08:55
@Margotsylvia :lol: 52.5kg is more than "reasonable" it is excellent!!! Well done to you. I also find that it takes some time after reaching goal weight for us to eat less intuitively in other words we reach a point where we eat less without thinking about it. Once that happens we don't diet anymore, we just eat less.
30 May 2015, 10:07
As May draws to a close, my monthly report is that I am still hovering just under my target weight, and would really like to be hovering a bit lower! I have been stricter with carbs for a week but that had no effect on my weight. My waist has been the same for months though, which reflects the trend weight I guess. Slightly worried about this year's summer holidays as this time last year I was still losing weight (even though I had declared maintenance) and so the holiday only caused a minor blip. I expect this year I will put a fair bit on but will I get it off again?????

May 1st: 63.9kg (trend 64.2), waist 70 cm
May 30th: 64.3kg (trend 64.4), waist 70 cm
Max for the month: 65.0kg, waist 70 cm
Min for the month: 63.6 kg, waist 70 cm.
30 May 2015, 10:14
I'm still on target, I've been over several times- but have eaten out more often than usual.
I didn't fast to get back on track but did several 18/6 days and was generally careful about what I ate.
all in all I'm a reasonably happy bunny :bunny:
31 May 2015, 07:15
Maintenance Month 011

Goal 120 lbs, range 118 - 122 lbs method 7 x 19/5

Entry weight 119, exit weight 120, average 119.93
Highest 121 (11 days), lowest 118 (5 days).

Up a bit, no worries.
31 May 2015, 09:04
I've just done my Sunday weigh-in, which is the day I log my weight on my Tracker and on my personal weight spreadsheet. I am four pounds over target, so today I am fasting! In my defence, we have had the grandchildren over this week from Germany and we have eaten out a lot, drank more wine than usual (us not them!) and had a lot more 'treats' of the food kind! A few days fasting should see the surplus weight gone and then it will be a case of 'weight' and see what happens then!
Well done all you marvellous maintainers! Let's see how we go in June! :smile:
31 May 2015, 10:52
Month 5
Leaving the month at high of 126lbs, which is within range, lowest was 124.5lbs. Continuing to 52 Monday and Thursday and I skip my light lunch occasionally when I feel like it, so they become window days.
Goals for this month include: taking an alcohol (carbs) vacation for 2 weeks starting tomorrow and aiming to gain a better work life balance for more me time. :smile:
It's great to see more joining the maintenance thread as the months go by - well done May maintainers from me too.
31 May 2015, 11:33
I'm 2kg above my maintenance range. and I'm off to another conference on Thursday. I hope the food there is bad. Haha
31 May 2015, 15:22
As it seems to be 'stock taking day', here are my results:
Maintenance range: 64-62 kg
Start: 64
Current: 63
Difficulty: no problem, just 6:1 regular fasting
Mood: :sun: :island:
31 May 2015, 22:22
End of the month check in:
Start: 9st target
End: 9st 1lb
Highest 9st 4lb
Lowest 9st
Difficulty: no problem, mostly 16:8 with a few low carb days
Two big birthday parties and several meals out
Mood :like: :grin:
I haven't exercised for years and have just bought a hula hoop so let's see if I can A) master hula hooping and B) reduce my waist size
45 posts Page 3 of 3