The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

23 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Maintaining May 2016
27 May 2016, 01:01
Looks like many of us maintainers are in the same boat. My go to snacks are nuts these days, not (shop bought) biscuits or cake but I don't deprive myself of all sweet threats such as ice cream or home baking. These days though I tend to choose better quality and no low fat items. I'd still like to lose up to two kilos as that was around my maintaining weight for nearly two years.
I've noticed that not everyone is using the tracker anymore. I've got to admit that I skip the odd week (despite daily weighing) but I'm worried that if I stop 'publishing it publicly' I'll be on the slippery slope upwards. Anyone else feels that way?
27 May 2016, 02:19
Thanks for the interesting conversation everyone - it's given me food for thought. It seems I'm bucking the trend a little - this last month I haven't really fasted or done any sort of planned intervention eating or exercise wise, and this morning (much to my surprise) I still weighed in at just under my goal weight at 71.8kg. Reflecting back on my eating, the only thing I can put it down to is that while I indulge in a not-so-healthy snack on a semi-regular basis, my meal sizes have been commensurately smaller. I can remember a number of occasions that I just stopped eating and put aside the remainder of the food on my plate for lunch the following day (or offloaded it onto my husband's plate). It's not something I'm doing consciously (or conscientiously)...it's just "yeah, it's delicious, but I don't need any more."

I wish I could analyse what's got me to that stage...it's these subtle psychological and probably hormonal variations that make weight loss and maintaining such and interesting (and sometimes infuriating) journey.

And having said all that...I'm also aware of how easy it could be to keep coasting like this and not notice when the weight starts bumping up again. So, I'm trying to make sure I do check in here regularly and keep putting updates on my tracker, and just appreciate having it a bit easy for a while.
27 May 2016, 06:36
Wmr309 wrote: I've noticed that not everyone is using the tracker anymore. I've got to admit that I skip the odd week (despite daily weighing) but I'm worried that if I stop 'publishing it publicly' I'll be on the slippery slope upwards. Anyone else feels that way?

I feel the same way, @wmr309, I need to be honest about the good, the bad and the ugly.
27 May 2016, 08:46
Wmr309 wrote: Looks like many of us maintainers are in the same boat. My go to snacks are nuts these days, not (shop bought) biscuits or cake but I don't deprive myself of all sweet threats such as ice cream or home baking. These days though I tend to choose better quality and no low fat items. I'd still like to lose up to two kilos as that was around my maintaining weight for nearly two years.
I've noticed that not everyone is using the tracker anymore. I've got to admit that I skip the odd week (despite daily weighing) but I'm worried that if I stop 'publishing it publicly' I'll be on the slippery slope upwards. Anyone else feels that way?

Thanks for the tracker nudge @Wmr309! I've updated mine :-)
I also tend to snack on nuts especially just before dinner, but they are easy to overeat! Although nuts and seeds are high in polyunsaturates, these are mostly the omega-6 fats which tend to worsen insulin resistance and cause inflammation, thus it is important to keep consumption down to just a handful a day. Or, in my case, as I can't seem to stop eating them once I start :oops: , to limit them to only some days a week.
31 May 2016, 09:40
Last day of May and I'm reasonably happy. Back in single figures though I'd still like to be a little lower. Hopefully now summer is here I can summon up enthusiasm for salads and lighter meals :bunny:
01 Jun 2016, 07:57
Maintenance Month 023

Goal weight 120 lbs, maintenance range 118 - 122 lbs, method 19/5 every day.

Entry weight 129 lbs, exit weight 126 lbs, average 125.9 lbs

Lowest 124 lbs (6 days), highest 129 lbs (4 days)
02 Jun 2016, 14:52
Ended the month at the top of my range, after a week of indulgence in Spain :grin: Fast this week and probably some to come over the next month will sort that out. It's the thing fasting allows us to do :cool:
04 Jun 2016, 12:42
I ended May on 147 pounds, which is spot on the target I set for myself when I started 5:2 in January 2013. We won't go into where I have been in terms of peaks and troughs since then but I've updated my tracker, thanks to Wmr309's reminder, so you can take a look for yourself. It reminds my of the Himalayan mountain range! :smile:
I have officially abandoned my, more recent, 140 pound target, deciding that it was not necessary to make myself miserable - just to reach a number that I conjured up on the basis of absolutely nothing! Foolish woman! What was I thinking! :?:
23 posts Page 2 of 2