The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

36 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Maintaining October 2015
14 Oct 2015, 03:10
Thanks @StowgateResident for your very kind words. I still can't believe it myself but I think it was the lack of access to a kitchen cupboard or nearby supermarket that helped me. Snacking in between meals has always been my weakness. Since starting 5:2 I have learned a lot about proteins, carbs, good fats etc and my new habits, after nearly two years of maintaining, are becoming natural. About 5-7 weeks ago I had sudden weight gain but managed to lose the extra kilos through focussed fasting, like you do after each holiday. I can't speak highly enough of this way of eating/living and this forum.
14 Oct 2015, 10:33
I cannot believe that it is mid October and I have not written anything here yet. I tried to lose some holiday weight gain in October by doing 5:2. But didn't lose much. I am now a couple of kilos still over my 'allowed' maintain range. But I am tired of fasting. I decided not to worry about these two kilos, as I am going to fast again before Christmas and in Lent. So I can spend Autumn a bit heavier. Of course I will maintain fast tomorrow. And then It will be about 6 weeks until my pre-Christmas fast begins. :smile:
14 Oct 2015, 10:44
sorry, posted the same message twice. :grin:
16 Oct 2015, 18:17
Still maintaining after 16 months ... Testing self by watching Bake Off masterclass - bread, baguettes, merangue cake :bugeyes:
19 Oct 2015, 14:34
Congrasts to everuone who is doing so well maintainng, even on delightful vacations!

So far so good with a 5:2/6:1 alternating schedule. I did a window approach two days last week instead of a fast. We ate out, so there was a lot of food, but I think the window helped. Still 146 lbs. This week is a 5:2 week, though I'm tempted to do 1 fast with two window days again as I am feeling burnt out on fasting. Fasting today, though. Somehow, Mondays are easier. I'll see what the scale says Weds and decide on that.
19 Oct 2015, 15:05
Immensely happy to report that since the scale read 76.7kgs on 20/9/15 and catapulted me into proper 5:2 fasting again, my weight has gently reduced to today's pre-fast 74.7kgs. Hurrah! Onwards :0)
20 Oct 2015, 23:43
:frown: home internet has fluflu. Blimey hope that's not an omen. Tricky mobyeying and reading. Hope all is bonne. XX chin up x :heart:
22 Oct 2015, 11:15
Congratulations to everyone maintaining so well. I officially went into maintenance on 17th October 2014 so I've just passed the one year mark. Absolutely delighted to have kept the weight off. My weight generally fluctuates between 9st12 and 9st10. On Monday, after a weekend in Rome, I saw 10st on the scales :shock: (first time in a long time). Happy to report that getting back to 16:8 and low carbing this week the scales are now back at 9st10 this morning. My strategy for maintaining over the winter months is just to keep on doing what I'm doing - 16:8 pretty much every day and keeping Monday and Thursday (my old 5:2 days) as low cal as I can (nearer 1000/1200 cals though rather than 500!). Last November I had an alcohol free month and dropped to 9st8. I'm attempting this again this year so that I have a little bit more wriggle room for Christmas eating and drinking :wink: . Good luck everyone :smile:
22 Oct 2015, 11:59
:star: :star: Wow, @Noodle, well done for such excellent maintenance. :star: :star: You certainly seem to have it sorted! :victory:
30 Oct 2015, 12:26
Azureblue wrote: Immensely happy to report that since the scale read 76.7kgs on 20/9/15 and catapulted me into proper 5:2 fasting again, my weight has gently reduced to today's pre-fast 74.7kgs. Hurrah! Onwards :0)

73.9kgs :grin: :grin: :grin: :smile: :lol: :grin: :grin: :grin:
31 Oct 2015, 09:49
Maintenance Month 016

Goal weight 120 lbs, maintenance range 118 - 122 lbs, method 19/5 every day.

Entry weight 122 lbs, exit weight 122 lbs, average 122.35 lbs

Lowest 121 lbs (2 days), highest 124 lbs (1 day).

A little better than September. Actual goal weight not seen since July, but steady at about 2 lbs over. Not bad.
31 Oct 2015, 10:22
Sigh! I still do not know how to start a topic here. Like "Fasting on Saturday". Well, this is all part of my maintenance.
I have reached my goal weight several times already.
:oops: I read my previous mail on this topic, where I glibly said that I will not fast until my pre-Christmas/ Advent fast.
But I freaked out since the scales showed 56.3 kg... yea, after all the carbs I've been enjoying...
Since the weight kept creeping up and up, I decided to do 'something'. Hence I am fasting on a Saturday. A bit of ADF to tackle the weight gain. I fasted on Thursday and got down to 55.1 kg. The weight was up again this morning at 56.1 kg Sigh. This is a battle :frown: . What else can one do but to fast, eh? :smile:
31 Oct 2015, 22:30
Oops-my pesky lb now has two friends, hopefully they wont be staying for long. I've had rather a socially active month, but November looks suitably quiet for some sort of effort to lose. Now all I need now is the will power or wont power- as in I wont eat that!Fingers crossed!!!
01 Nov 2015, 23:32
Hisashiburi! Long time, no see. Things are still hectic in NYC. I joined a gym; I've been once so far. I weighed myself while I was there and am happy to report that I'm still in my 63-65kg window! Yay! I suspect all the walking helps because my fast days have been a bit half -hearted (700ish usually).
02 Nov 2015, 23:37
I finished the month 2.9 pounds below my target of 147 pounds, having been nearly seven pounds above it at one point in October (well it was after two weeks away)!
I have decided to see if I can get down to 140 pounds, which may get rid of some of my remaining back and belly flab. I'm not expecting miracles and I haven't seen that number on the scales for years but thought it was worth a try. I'm 5 foot 7 inches, so 140 pounds is not unreasonable, is it? What do you think?
36 posts Page 2 of 3