The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

36 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Maintaining October 2015
03 Nov 2015, 15:58
StowgateResident wrote: I finished the month 2.9 pounds below my target of 147 pounds, having been nearly seven pounds above it at one point in October (well it was after two weeks away)!
I have decided to see if I can get down to 140 pounds, which may get rid of some of my remaining back and belly flab. I'm not expecting miracles and I haven't seen that number on the scales for years but thought it was worth a try. I'm 5 foot 7 inches, so 140 pounds is not unreasonable, is it? What do you think?

Give it a try @stowgateresident. You'll soon know whether it will just be too hard (nature's way of saying No) to maintain at 140, and whether you will like the way you look and feel at that weight. It wouldn't be an unhealthy BMI, for whatever such a crude measure is worth.
03 Nov 2015, 21:15
StowgateResident wrote: I finished the month 2.9 pounds below my target of 147 pounds, having been nearly seven pounds above it at one point in October (well it was after two weeks away)!
I have decided to see if I can get down to 140 pounds, which may get rid of some of my remaining back and belly flab. I'm not expecting miracles and I haven't seen that number on the scales for years but thought it was worth a try. I'm 5 foot 7 inches, so 140 pounds is not unreasonable, is it? What do you think?

@Stowgateresident that makes you about 144 pounds and feeling good, as @Barbarita says nature will tell you what is healthy. If you think you'd feel the real benefit of not carrying around an unnecessary few pounds, go for it. :clover: I find it so liberating not lugging around the 23-24lbs and it's been one of my main drivers to maintain. Exited October at 124.8lbs :grin: that's 8 weeks away from this years goal, its gone SO fast :cool:
04 Nov 2015, 11:08
Hi Lizbean - Last weekend when I went to the supermarket I put 11 bags of 1 Kg sugar (which equals about 24 lbs) in a basket and tried to lift it - that is what I was 'carrying' in April when I started 5:2. No wonder I feel so much better now!
04 Nov 2015, 15:40
Maintenance in October has been a bit iffy tbh. I end the month a tad over my target weight which I wouldn't worry about but I am 3lb up on the lowest I achieved which was about a year ago. I'm not particularly worried but it is curious that my weight has been creeping very slowly upwards since this time last year. OK so only 3lb but if extrapolated over the next 30 years I would be back where I started by the age of 80! Seems unlikely that this could really happen with me continuing to fast every day and keep carb intake down. I wonder where I will plateau? I will put in a few longer fasts in the coming weeks and see what happens I think. Hope to end November lower than I started :-)
04 Nov 2015, 18:13
I've been avoiding the maintenance threads for months now, as I considered myself back in weight loss mode to drop the two pounds over my acceptable range. Then about a week ago, I had a revelation - why beat myself up over two pounds? Clearly this is where my body "wants" to be. It's still in the middle of the normal BMI range, and quite frankly, no one - myself included - can tell the difference. Even my clothes fit the same as when I was 2 or 3 pounds lighter. So I changed the target weight on my tracker, and ...Voila - turns out I've been within my acceptable range all along :grin: :grin: :grin:
04 Nov 2015, 18:39
galexinda wrote: Hi Lizbean - Last weekend when I went to the supermarket I put 11 bags of 1 Kg sugar (which equals about 24 lbs) in a basket and tried to lift it - that is what I was 'carrying' in April when I started 5:2. No wonder I feel so much better now!

Hi @galexinda, nice :grin: Reminds me off a nice game we had almost two years ago:
post128043.html?hilit=turkey#p128043
36 posts Page 3 of 3