The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

29 posts Page 2 of 2
I have been a complete failure this Month. After maintaining for a whole year I have (due to circumstances) managed to put on 8lb in 6 weeks. I feel so bloated and horrible, I can't wear most of my clothes and my hair and nails have gone to pot. So I will pick myself up brush myself down and start all over again. Fasting today but have a grand daughters birthday party tomorrow, I do hope I can find my willpower I must have put it somewhere.
I will be happy to maintain, not only this month, but the remainder of the summer. I have another 25lbs(at least) to lose, but things conspire against me in the summer. I play golf and I'm going to drink some beer......that's a given! If I can enjoy all that summer offers and maintain my weight, I'll be over the moon! Come September, it is full steam ahead to finish this weight loss!

I get lots of exercise this time of year, so that has been my saving grace so far. Seems a fair trade to be able to enjoy some indulgences!

Happy maintaining everyone! :victory:
Nessie wrote: After maintaining for a whole year I have (due to circumstances) managed to put on 8lb in 6 weeks.... So I will pick myself up brush myself down and start all over again.

Well done for fessing up. It would be easier to drift away from the forum, but you have faced up and are ready to get back on track. You did it before, you know you can do it.

Supportive vibes to you from one who hasn't made the one year mark yet,
kentishlass
Great to see so many in maintenance.
9 months clocked up for me.
Maintenance System = indulge 5 days a week, go lean for 2, and update my tracker here every month (keeps me honest!).
Hi @kentishlass
Tomorrow I will join you as I will be officially 9 month on maintenance. Apart from the start date, our trackers show a nice similarity!
No fast this week, tomorrow I will celebrate my fastiversary
Thanks for the support @kentishlass. The new weight seems to be coming off quickly. When I weighed myself on Sunday I had lost 4lb and when I weighed myself this morning (after Monday fast) I was down another 1lb so that leaves me with only 3lb left to get back to maintenance weight. Just in case it is a fluke I will wait till Saturday to update my tracker. I will be fasting tomorrow so I hope the scales don't bounce back up again. :razz: :clover:
Happy Fastiversary for last week @P-JK! :star: :victory: :party: :rainbow: :high5: :rose: :present: :pizza: :cake:
Xxx julianna
I am still on holiday, but still daily weighing. I have been 144lbs every day. Steady as she goes! I haven't gone mad food wise, but I have enjoyed what I've eaten. Thoughtful, considered eating. And we have walked and cycled a lot more. I bought a pair of white linen shorts in Aldi yesterday, in 'small'!
Oho, there is movement on the scales this morning. A very pleasing 142lbs, 10st 2. Another bike ride on the card, 12 miles this time!
This is the second week back from a 1 week holiday. No fasts were done during holiday but I didn't eat over the top while I did eat some sweets and drank more beer than normal. Although, I was very active with some long bike rides, running and walking. The end result was that I added a few lbs, some of which must have been water weight as it came off within a week or so, 2-3 fasts. Good luck to other maintainers !
Last post here for this month!
Back up to my customary 10st 4lbs, but I have lost a bit off what I (optimistically) call my waist.
I thought that I would just sneak in a quick post before the end of the month! My weight has been going up and down, depending on whether I have been away from home, or not! However, I am finding that a few fasts sort out my weight so that I can get back to within a couple of pounds of my goal weight. Does that count as maintaining? I hope so!
1 month done with no overall weight gain- still feeling my way. Hopefully I will find a reliable routine eventually.
Fledgling maintainer checking in - maintenance month 001

Goal weight of 120 lbs achieved 7 July. Weight on 14, 21, 28 July 120 lbs. This looked too good to be true I checked that the digital scales were not stuck by dragging out my ancient spring scales, and then by standing on the digital with a 10 lb dumbbell. All in order.

Maintenance method: Fast-5 7 days a week. I did not have a weekly 18:6 day which I was allowing myself as I did not want it. This is in reserve in case of further loss.
29 posts Page 2 of 2