The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

29 posts Page 1 of 2
Hello everyone :)

Thought I would start this thread, after seeing mrstee's comment in the June thread.

I hope I am maintaining this month... We have been on the road with the caravan for 2 wonderful weeks, and goodness knows what is happening with my weight. I am trying to judge by clothes, but always find that difficult. I am certainly having more carbs that I normally would - well, I started off that way, but am trying to cut back a bit...

I have worked out that I need to keep not having breakfast - extending the fasting period does help. But I will still treat myself from time to time - it is hols after all.

I just reread the June posts - always very interesting and useful to hear about others' experiences - and comforting when they have similar experiences to mine!!

Best wishes to all for another month of successful maintenance. :)
Hi @Sassy1 good luck with maintaining this month. :clover: I'm about 3-4lbs off there yet but watching the threads with interest.
I am supposed to be maintaining-but the scales showed another loss this morning. I am not complaining! It is however ironic that having struggled to lose the last couple of pounds the weight is dropping. I am still doing 2fasts this week as for the next three weeks I am realistically only going to fit in one, but now I have my wriggle room :victory:
I feel that my posts in this thread are a bit repetitive, and not sure whether they are of any help to others, but I am still maintaining by skipping breakfast and lunch on Thursday and only have a dinner that night, without wine. The other days mid-week I eat very little refined carbs but I do enjoy baking (with ordinary flour, sugar, butter, etc) over the weekend. It seems to work.
Wmr309 wrote: I feel that my posts in this thread are a bit repetitive

I can fully agree with that. Done one fast each week the last weeks and skipped this week, as I was nearing my lower boundary. I works, it's easy and flexible. Can't see myself leaving the maintanance area. :smile:
I seem to be maintaining well too. Dropped a pound or so by doing 16:8 and lowish carbs. Put a sort of fast in yesterday as I had a high carb weekend. On the whole feeling pretty healthy and finding maintenance ok. Enjoying eating food that I really want like berries and double cream rather than waste calories on rubbishy snacks that I regret eating.
I have settled into a routine: low carb Mon, Wed and Thurs, a day at 800 cals, and am careful the rest of the time. By careful, I don't mean ultra careful, but do allow myself the weekly meal out!
Still between 143 and 145lbs.
Most of June my weight was very stable at around 64.5-64.7kg then the last week I have had big fluctuations: 64.2, 64.4, 65.0, 64.0, 64.8. No idea why! Not really altered my eating habits. The trend weight is still just below target so that's fine but tis passing strange.
Glad to say am hovering around 156 lbs, have been maintaining since April, still doing Monday a juice day, and Thursday 1000 cal, have been on holiday and have had weekends away, so feeling happy, still exercising regulary. Have noticed my body shape changing, even though weight stable, losing weight off bust area, don't want to lose any more, liked the shape I had achieved. Still like the feeling after a fast thank goodness which helps with the maintance. I weigh myself every 2 weeks to keep an eye on things, trying to keep in a 3lb wiggle room. About 4 weeks ago put on 3 lbs, began to panic, but it came off, hadn't changed eating habits just put down to one of those weeks. Happy maintance to all of us. :smile:
Maintaining between 57 and 58kgs without fasting at the moment, mainly because of the hot weather and lots of exercise. Weigh in every day to keep an eye on things but I'm not eover eating and as I run around 45kms a week I burn off quite a lot in terms of calories. I have my last race before September on Sunday, 27.2kms which I'm looking forward too. I don't have holidays because I'm in the hospitality business so I don't have those to worry about excess holiday indulgence in the summer holidays either (more's the pity!) Good luck to all of you maintaining, especially those who have just hit target.
I am still 5:2ing on Mondays and Thursdays but not always strictly at 500 calories. 16:8 and low carbing all the other weekdays and treats at the weekend. I am maintaining at 9st but have seen 8st 13 three times in the past fortnight.

I had some bread last weekend and it really upset my tummy :curse: Carorees asked me if it was just shop bought that does that. I'm not sure, so am going to make some tomorrow and scoff it in the name of science and self experimentation :lol: :geek: :lol: I'll let you know how I get on.
Without fasting I'm still hovering between 9st 7lb and 9st 9lb, it never goes below 9st 7lb. I still don't have the willpower to try losing another half stone but thinking back to pre 5:2, I'm fitter, look better and walking head held high so I'm OK as I am for now.
I'm still maintaining - in fact lost a couple lbs due to illness, but slowly gaining that back. I delay breakfast until 9:00 AM most days and that seems to do it for me! Eating more fresh veg out of my garden - a good summer!

Edited: I should mention that I try to walk a mile every morning before breakfast and rack up a daily total of 10,000 per day.
Where did that week go ? Well done everybody.
I'm still maintaining well by eating no snacks after supper and nothing before lunch time other than a cup of tea and lots of water. Other than that, I've done no proper fasts, or calorie counting although I have reduced my carbs a bit. (Don't mention home baked bread toasted with butter and marmite please !). I've been weighing daily to keep an eye on things. But it seems to be going fine. I have increased my exercise which definitely helps. Our Holiday in a few weeks could be my downfall, but I know I can regain control afterwards if necessary ! I also find the weight creeps back in the winter when I don't want to go out... Preferring to sit by the fire . We'll see in a few months time whether I can keep it up. :smile:
One fast this week takes my weight to the lower limit of my maintenance range. Some buffer for the game tomorrow.
29 posts Page 1 of 2