The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Gained 100 grams. I think it is fine. Need to decide whether to do another 6:1 week or alternate with 5:2. On regular days I've been eating an average of roughly 1900 cals, which is close to my TDEE. I also exercise for about 40 min 6 times a week ( elliptical, jogging and twice a week 25 min. of weight training) Will have to see during this week. Anyone else have 6:1 results?
I don't do 6:1 for maintenance, I do, as my signature says, 7:7 with an 8 hour feeding window every day. This is easier than it sounds as I just skip breakfast and don't nibble late in the evening. I usually break my fast anywhere between 12 and 2 (it was nearer 3 yesterday but 11.30 the day before) and after 8 (most days it s nearer 5 or 6) hours, that's it! I find this so easy as I never have to think about calories or fast days and my weight is now the most stable it has been in my life. I remember reading that Des O'Connor only ever eats one meal a day and he looks good on it and is no spring chicken.
Still 57kgs here after first week on 6:1. Although I sort of did 5:2 but ate more in the evenings on both days.
Thank you both for reporting!!!

Ballerina, one question: is your 8 hours window the same everyday? How do you handle an evening out? I mean, when I go out on Saturdays I usually stay out for 7-8 hours.
How long have you been doing that Ballerina? Can you guesstimate how much you consume during the 8 hour window?. It could have worked for me too but I excercize in the mornings and MUST eat something small before.
I think that this week. Will fast (500 cal) on Monday and I will do a mini fast (1000 cals) on Wednesday.
6 posts Page 1 of 1