Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16 Next
Re: THE VENTING TENT
25 Apr 2014, 11:24
Debs wrote: Sorry, don't crick your neck :grin:

Too Late Debs

Thanks @Candicemarie
25 Apr 2014, 13:31
Oooooooooooo.......thanks everyone, I feel 'normal' now. I wasn't sure whether to admit to all that (and I forgot to mention the can of cider) as OH doesn't do it and my friends have never admitted to doing it!

I had toast and peanut butter for breakfast which sat heavy in my stomach and for lunch I had tomato, red pepper and wensleydale soup with hummous and GF crackers then some almonds. Much better!

It is funny how we feel compelled to do something like that but from now on I won't feel guilty about it not that I'm planning to make a habit out of it.

I am certain I'll be able to lose the weight as much if it will be the weight of the food in transit and the added water that carbs soak up.
25 Apr 2014, 15:27
CandiceMarie wrote: @Julianna i had no idea green = mod!
Congrats @carieoates! X xx

@CandiceMarie really can't believe you didn't know that mods were in green!!! FAQs

Congratulations from me @carieoates good one :heart:

:heart: Love your new avatar photo @julianna you look at least ten years younger is your journey coming to an end?
25 Apr 2014, 15:36
Hi @philxjr great pic! And no youre deffo not a girl!
I found the book worth reading,didnt take long to read and was free online,and some info i didnt already know
Someone here put a link and i just clicked and downloaded..
(I dont think i am up to Fast5 myself tho..it is far too hard for me as yet..i still struggle with 5:2! X)

EDIT to add the link from Iztla...
Iztla wrote: @barbarita, thanks for setting the Fast-5 tent! :heart: :heart: :heart: :

For those not familiar with Fast-5 I highly recommend the book (you get it for free on the website:
http://www.fast-5.org/ )
Not only because of the diet but of the whole philosophy. Dr. Herring uses the acronym: D.I.E.T. Did I Enrich Today?
25 Apr 2014, 15:42
@CandiceMarie really can't believe you didn't know that mods were in green!!! FAQs

Hehe Sue@Sue.Q i ' m still a new girl in town :lol: ! X
26 Apr 2014, 05:54
Thanks @Sue.Q and @Candicemarie this place is amazing and I am honoured to be a part of it.
26 Apr 2014, 06:24
I have a shocking angry pulsating mouth ulcer and easy it seems logically to fast.
dont eat, dont irritate.

I am depressed and miserable, the worst mouth ulcer I've endured, and Ive had plenty of the buggers.

Because of the depression I have skipped 2nd fast of this week, this is day 7 of the angry ulcer .

I have tried salt, coconut oil, bicarb, turmeric and salt- drops me to my knees. I have also tried vegemite, pure agony.

Now I will try something called 'kenalog in orabase' i got to be close to its end. :bugeyes:
26 Apr 2014, 06:33
Poor you @zamale, that must be so uncomfortable and painful too. :( Sorry I don't have any suggestions for cures, but I am sure others will. Be kind to yourself while it heals.

And @wildmissus, I also have such indulgences - last night for example, did very similar to you - and this morning was 3 kg heavier than 10 days ago (have been away, so wasn't able to weigh during those 10 days). I am hoping most of it is water retention after all the salty foods - that is hopefully what it is for you. (Tho I have also consumed quite a bit of Easter chocolate, and been out for meals a few times....) I am fasting today and Monday, and will see how things look then! :)
26 Apr 2014, 06:41
Ouch sorry to hear about your ulcer @zamale my mother in law suffers with them now and then, usually after a cold virus or some other illness. Is this the same case for you?
26 Apr 2014, 07:16
Thanks, I'm just one of those people that get them, even had them as a child. This one was from eating and bit my lip. I have to be on the back end of it surely, its been 7 days now.
26 Apr 2014, 09:26
Thanks @Sue.Q. You're so kind. Re my journey, I'm just over half way. Lost 20.7 kg, so 14.3 kg to go. 12 KGS till I hit a healthy bmi. Re the avatar photo- I told Moogie its the first photo I've liked of myself since I started putting on weight 15 years ago. I was having lunch with my old college friend at my favorite Italian restaurant.
Xxx
26 Apr 2014, 10:28
OK now I'm moving into this tent because I was rushing to be somewhere yesterday and forgot to weigh-in!!!
Begrudgingly ( water retention bad today) got on the scales yes I'm up 600grams bugger.
Yes @Debs I've also had a sugar/chocky craving couple of days why do we sabotage ourselves? I'd really like to know the answer to that one. :clover: :clover: :clover:
26 Apr 2014, 10:31
I will move over and let you in @Sue.Q as I'm not venting this week. Am a happy bunny.
26 Apr 2014, 10:39
Hi @Sue.Q

Re why do we sabotage ourselves - I ask myself that constantly! Perhaps the answer is as discussed in other recent posts in this thread - "Limbic hunger". I will look this up to see if it gives me more insight and then hopefully some strategies to deal with this. :)

Best wishes with it all. :D
26 Apr 2014, 11:39
Well I committed the capital offence of relaxing over Easter weekend, and eating "normally" and I gained 6 lbs, which I haven't managed to shift at all this week despite a daily eating window & low carb. When I did the same last summer it took me 7 months before I lost it back again.

So I've lost the plot today and had bread, pain au chocolate and pain au raisin.
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16 Next
232 posts Page 7 of 16